In May 2018, a European privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is due to take effect. It imposes new rules on companies, government agencies, non-profits, and other organizations that offer goods and services to people in the European Union (EU) or that collect and analyze data tied to EU residents. The GDPR applies no matter where you are located.
Microsoft Translator Hub and the Translator Hub API
The Translator Hub API differs from the CTF AddTranslation function by taking documents rather than individual sentence pairs. The document format can be any of the Hub-supported document formats (XLIFF, TMX, LCL, DOCX, PDF, HTML, TXT, ALIGN).
In detail, you can:
- Upload new documents, and obtain the status of your upload.
- Obtain a list of the documents used in a training.
- Obtain a list of documents usable for a training, in a project.
- Create a project.
- Obtain a list of projects in your workspace.
- Obtain a list of trainings for a project.
- Submit a training run. You may specify the documents to use for training, tuning and as a dictionary. You can ask for automatic deployment in the training request.
Submitting files as a dictionary allows you to control the translation of words, phrases and sentences with 100% probability, guaranteeing your translation for the given words in the source language.
Over the next few months, we’ll have sample code available (we currently don’t).
More on changes to the CTF functions and Microsoft Translator API due to GDPR compliance is here.