Microsoft

Form Recognizer

1. Manual Training

Make it trainable (maybe with a UI) where users can manually point or map fields they need. We have tons of different templates of Invoices but we basically need only the main fields on the Invoice recognized, and currently we have no way of pointing out what we need and with the 50 pages\4 Mb per model and we feel very limited.

Maybe a way of saying Invoice #, or Invoice No. or Inv# should be mapped to Invoice Number for all of the results for this model; this would be of much help when extracting data from different Invoice…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recognize Checkbox and Signature sections

We have a number of paper forms that are completed by staff. The forms include checkboxes. We need to confirm that the checkboxes have been checked.

Additionally, we require the form to be signed by the person completing it. We'd like to confirm that a mark has been made in the signature area.

It would be great if there was a way that Form Recognizer could just register that a pen mark has been made in a certain area, even if it can't read it (e.g. a signature or a tick in a box)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to train a model with a blob larger than 4mb

I am trying to use Microsoft Form Recogniser to get the key value pairs from medical forms. However there are a number of different types of form and cannot currently train an accurate enough model to use with the current size limit.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When will form-recognizer support the complex forms?

Forms usually have complex structures as well and that is where automated services are needed. I have forms that contain merged cells, and nested tables. On documentation of form-recognizer, it is stated that such forms are not supported. Does Microsoft looking forward towards making form-recognizer capable for such forms as well? If yes, any expected time frame?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase limit of number of samples for custom training

We understand that the number of samples for custom training is currently limited to 50. We hope that by providing more samples, the model would be more accurate in the end on large volumes, so would it be possible to raise that limit?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cognitive Service Container with V2.0 Support

The containers provided are with V1.0 API and all limitations ( no Layout API, 4Mb Dataset for training, ...).
    When containers will be updated for V2.0 API ?

Thx

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Roadmap

Are you able to disclose what the roadmap is for the Form Recognizer product? I'm particularly interested in using the Custom Model and Labelling Tool.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Form with tables, checkboxes, and whole lot of square boxes

I have trained my form recognizer model using all the requirements and tips provided in documentation. However, the output is not good at all.
    The form that I am trying to train on is attached (empty version). I have used 2 filled in forms as well as per requirements.
    The form has two small tables at the top - even these haven't been read correctly. And then there are whole lot of square boxes (representing one character) to fill in details of the users. The boundaries of these square boxes are being read either as 1 or as a dash…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Issue on fields with multiple line headers

First, congrats to the team for the great new product!
    It works already quite well on the forms we tried, despite small variation of templates for same type of document, which is a great help!
    But at the time being, we can't consider to use it, as it seems to have an issue with fields having headers split on multiple lines. We can provide samples but not on a public forum.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Release date for V2 including local container support?

For planning purposes we need to know when V2 is planned to be released. We also need to use the local container version so we need to know if the release of that will be different than V2 GA. Ideally we would like to test the local V2 container prior to GA.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support well known tax forms as pre-built form

Start supporting well known tax forms i.e. w2, 1099 forms etc as pre-built forms so users don't have to create custom model for it and train them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Handwritten forms

We need an ability to extract key-value pairs from a form which is hand filled or hand written. For example - an insurance claim form which is filled in by a person or an agent. Is some work being done on this ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fixed: Microsoft.Azure.CognitiveServices.FormRecognizer.Models.ErrorResponseException: ‘Operation returned an invalid status

TrainCustomModelAsync: Microsoft.Azure.CognitiveServices.FormRecognizer.Models.ErrorResponseException: ‘Operation returned an invalid status code ‘RequestEntityTooLarge’

We have followed code examples but we are getting the following error (FR1.png) when calling TrainCustomModelAsync: Microsoft.Azure.CognitiveServices.FormRecognizer.Models.ErrorResponseException: ‘Operation returned an invalid status code ‘RequestEntityTooLarge’

We are trying to pass a reference to the Training Data that has been populated in Azure (FR2.png). It is a collection of about 5 pdfs. Each with approx 4 pages at 300dpi or so.

We adapted from the following sample: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/quickstarts/dotnet-sdk

Any help is gratefully received.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How can we improve the accuracy of the form-recognizer model?

I am using Microsoft form-recognizer service. My forms are bit complex and I tried training a model for them. The performance I achieved is not really good. Is there anyway I can improve this accuracy? Is there anyway to tune this model? I have trained the model using 5 different populated forms of the same type.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we train a single model for multiple type of forms?

I am using Microsoft form-recognizer cognitive service to train a model for forms. My question is that can we train a single model for multiple type of forms? Is it recommended? I have many multiple types of forms and I choose to train a single model for four different types, it get trained but is it a recommended approach?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot create the resource in portal

I cannot select any region or pricing while creating the service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reinforcement learning

whenever something is wrong I want the model to learn

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Test Form in Azure Portal

The Azure Portal should have some testing UI, with uploading a pdf and start the request.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to label a table in a form?

In the Azure form recognizer official website "https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/services/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/" few examples have tables in the sample file. In output also we have an attribute called table in sample json. Please guide us in labeling a table in a custom layout form.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prebuilt receipts doesn't recognize logo'd merchant names

If a receipt only has the merchant logo and not the merchant name on a receipt, the prebuilt receipt model returns nothing for the MerchantName.
    For example, Home Depot has their logo and "The Home Depot" in reverse font on their logo but the OCR doesn't pick it up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Form Recognizer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base