Microsoft

Form Recognizer

1. How to label a table in a form?

In the Azure form recognizer official website "https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/services/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/" few examples have tables in the sample file. In output also we have an attribute called table in sample json. Please guide us in labeling a table in a custom layout form.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Form Recognizer discovers and extracts tables automatically. Table results are part of the pageResults section in the JSON output. If the table in the form was not discovered you can label tables a values by labeling each table cell and training with the maximum number of rows in the tables. Form Recognizer does not yet support labeling tables as tables.

2. Auto recognise wich custom model to use.

Hi
    Woult it be posible to auto detect wich custom model to use? In a normal invoicing flow you would have one big pile of different invoices and send Them to be recognizer.
    Then it would sort Them in 2 piles one wher a model was found and one without.
    Do you understand what i Mean by that?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. What's the best way to train a table without line? (See Pic)

I know Form Recognizer does not yet support labeling tables as tables. Suggestions please.
    Please see pic1 for reference. Number of Line Items may vary at large.
    And, What can we do if some text is not recognized by the OCR labeling tool see pic1 ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recognize Checkbox and Signature sections

We have a number of paper forms that are completed by staff. The forms include checkboxes. We need to confirm that the checkboxes have been checked.

Additionally, we require the form to be signed by the person completing it. We'd like to confirm that a mark has been made in the signature area.

It would be great if there was a way that Form Recognizer could just register that a pen mark has been made in a certain area, even if it can't read it (e.g. a signature or a tick in a box)

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recognizing form regions

At the moment we don't have features like recognizing checkboxes, radio buttons, signatures, etc.

Can form recognizer recognize a region of the form, so we can cut that part out and put for further processing?

For example, I would like to know where on the document are the radio button questions, so that I know in which area I need to do custom processing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add lasso selection functionality to Form Labeling tool

It would be really nice to have a "Lasso" selection functionality in the form labeling tool. I know I can hold the left mouse button down to highlight multiple words but there are some areas of forms (e.g. remarks) where we have several hundred words that have to be selected. They usually are in a rectangle shape so hence a lasso selection would work perfectly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reinforcement learning

whenever something is wrong I want the model to learn

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the ability to train a model with a blob larger than 4mb

I am trying to use Microsoft Form Recogniser to get the key value pairs from medical forms. However there are a number of different types of form and cannot currently train an accurate enough model to use with the current size limit.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Roadmap

Are you able to disclose what the roadmap is for the Form Recognizer product? I'm particularly interested in using the Custom Model and Labelling Tool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Method of confirming prediction as correct or incorrect

I uploaded 5 documents –– 2 batches of similar files. However, the model's confidence is very low. When I upload files though the model is working correctly. I'd love to be able to confirm the model if it were correct and automatically have it added to the training so that I don't have to manually tag each of the fields for that document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Old labeling tool vs the new one

The original forms labeling tool (VoTT) creates vott files and the new one (OCR Form Labeling Tool) uses fott files. I labeled and trained a bunch of forms using the original labeling tool. Is there a way for me to migrate those vott files to the fott file format?

It seems kind of strange you would switch labeling tools without providing any guidance on how to migrate their trained forms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Label screen has spinning cursor, never completes

I pulled the latest Docker image on April 27th, on two separate computers and two separate subscriptions/tenants. I can create the connection and the project, but upon project save, it moves to the label screen and seems hung.

I have tried the hosted Docker image and the local one. Both act the same, as does my corporate and personal Azure accounts. Any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cognitive Service Container with V2.0 Support

The containers provided are with V1.0 API and all limitations ( no Layout API, 4Mb Dataset for training, ...).
    When containers will be updated for V2.0 API ?

Thx

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Form with tables, checkboxes, and whole lot of square boxes

I have trained my form recognizer model using all the requirements and tips provided in documentation. However, the output is not good at all.
    The form that I am trying to train on is attached (empty version). I have used 2 filled in forms as well as per requirements.
    The form has two small tables at the top - even these haven't been read correctly. And then there are whole lot of square boxes (representing one character) to fill in details of the users. The boundaries of these square boxes are being read either as 1 or as a dash…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manual Training

Make it trainable (maybe with a UI) where users can manually point or map fields they need. We have tons of different templates of Invoices but we basically need only the main fields on the Invoice recognized, and currently we have no way of pointing out what we need and with the 50 pages\4 Mb per model and we feel very limited.

Maybe a way of saying Invoice #, or Invoice No. or Inv# should be mapped to Invoice Number for all of the results for this model; this would be of much help when extracting data from different Invoice…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Release date for V2 including local container support?

For planning purposes we need to know when V2 is planned to be released. We also need to use the local container version so we need to know if the release of that will be different than V2 GA. Ideally we would like to test the local V2 container prior to GA.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate hand written text from printed text

Occasionally, OCR puts together printed and handwritten text as a single tag. I would like them to be separate.

For example:

Compay Handwritten company name

Printed text is usually the label while the handwritten text is what we are looking for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase the total size of the training data set

The current total size of the training data set can be up to 500 pages. I'm planning to use this service for thousands of my customers that have multiple types of forms. Is the support of large training data sets something that is in your scope for the near future?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When is V2 Form Recognizer container going to be available?

So the the V2 Azure service is available now in preview but not the container. We want to be able to run on premise so this is quite important to us. Does anyone have a roadmap for this product? I haven't seen anything online indicating the status of the Form Recognizer product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Form Recognizer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base