Microsoft

Form Recognizer

How can we improve Form Recognizer?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Manual Training

Make it trainable (maybe with a UI) where users can manually point or map fields they need. We have tons of different templates of Invoices but we basically need only the main fields on the Invoice recognized, and currently we have no way of pointing out what we need and with the 50 pages\4 Mb per model and we feel very limited.

Maybe a way of saying Invoice #, or Invoice No. or Inv# should be mapped to Invoice Number for all of the results for this model; this would be of much help when extracting data from different Invoice…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return JSON properly formatted

Currently the JSON response we are getting back is being formated with single quotes instead of double quotes. Can this be changed to double quotes so that programs like VScode see this as properly formated JSON?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When will form-recognizer support the complex forms?

Forms usually have complex structures as well and that is where automated services are needed. I have forms that contain merged cells, and nested tables. On documentation of form-recognizer, it is stated that such forms are not supported. Does Microsoft looking forward towards making form-recognizer capable for such forms as well? If yes, any expected time frame?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can we improve the accuracy of the form-recognizer model?

I am using Microsoft form-recognizer service. My forms are bit complex and I tried training a model for them. The performance I achieved is not really good. Is there anyway I can improve this accuracy? Is there anyway to tune this model? I have trained the model using 5 different populated forms of the same type.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can we train a single model for multiple type of forms?

I am using Microsoft form-recognizer cognitive service to train a model for forms. My question is that can we train a single model for multiple type of forms? Is it recommended? I have many multiple types of forms and I choose to train a single model for four different types, it get trained but is it a recommended approach?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Response status code: 408

Iam using Microsoft form-recognizer service and was able to train a model with 5 forms of the same type and it was successful. I was able to analyze that model on test forms as well, But when I tried training the same forms again, I faced the following error:

Response status code: 408 Response body: {'error': {'code': '1011', 'innerError': {'requestId': 'fb75e36b-b704-49fe-a9bf-2fecaa71ca44'}, 'message': 'The operation exceeded allowed time limit and was canceled. The common reasons are that the data source is too large or contains unsupported content. Please check that your request conforms to service limits and retry with redacted data…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Explain how 'empty' document templates need to be created & help the model trainer

only reference that can be found relates to this article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/quickstarts/curl-train-extract) - nothing explained in the API section of how to add these to the training model; if >1 helps the model etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can train a model with five filled-in forms or an empty form (include the word “empty” in the file name) plus two filled-in forms. Even if you have enough filled-in forms to train with, adding an empty form to your training data set can improve the accuracy of the model.

For more information about building a training data set see “How to build a training data set for a custom model” document – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/build-training-data-set

8. Improve the documentation about the SAS URL usage and requirements

I'm finding unclear what/how to gnerate the SAS URL (what permissions are required, at what level).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot create the resource in portal

I cannot select any region or pricing while creating the service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is due to a different Azure subscription used than the one provided in the access request. Please go to the Azure Subscription option in the portal and reply back to the Welcome e-mail with the subscription displayed in the portal when you see the location and pricing empty.

10. Taken to request access page even though already accepted to the preview

Clicking on the Form Recognizer container link in the quick start section I get taken to the request access page. I am already accepted to the preview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)