Improve workflow for Intent recognition training
I used the following workflow for training my intent recognition:
1) I've a series of entities, features and patterns edited
2) I've a series of example inputs for training
3) all the samples have the entities marked
4) now I train the examples
5) execute a series of batch test cases
The issues recommended for improvement
- The test cases for the batch testing require character positions, startPos and endPos. I had no other option than counting these manually, which is error prone.
- When loading the batch test cases, the feedback / error log is hard to find and hardly descriptive. References are to character numbers. In a 4kByte file counting characters is no fun.
- When I want to make changes to the test cases, I have to edit the file describing all the test cases, delete the original set, load the edited set and provide again the name for the test set. This sure can be optimized.
- When improving my recognition definitions and training set based on the test results, it is advantageous to have access to the test results and the training set editing panes simultaneously.
Considering all the above, I'd like to suggest creating an editing facility for test patterns in the portal itself, reusing the editor of the training set. One could even think of having a generic editor with the option to mark utterances for inclusion in the training set and/or the test set.