Microsoft

Speech service

1. cris.ai window resizing hides buttons and features.

Depending on screen resizing, certain elements on cris.ai will not be visible. There seems to be an issue with the underlying architecture of the site since this is the second issue that arose from resizing the window. Both times, things went wrong when the window occupied half or less than half of the monitor screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Custom Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TTS IN URDU LANGUAGE TRANSLATION

There is no option for urdu-Pakistan language speech translation or anything that that is helpful for this language why is this the most popular language spoken not available or anything that is spoken in this language not on the list? I mean you have more less every other language translation speech and other apps to do with those app so why nothing available for urdu-pakistan language translation/speech app and the rest not available.
    Seems bit racist to leave that language out the list.
    I mean we are as a Pakistani British people speaking another language are nothibg to do with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Speech Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I prevent the speaker from being picked up by the microphone

We are currently using Bing Speech with LUIS, but looking to convert to Speech service.

Right now we have multiple recorders that operate in the browser, Flash, WebRTC, HTML5.

Each of these has to connect to Bing Speech to Text to get realtime translation and LUIS results to drive actions in the application. Additionally we are currently streaming the audio to Amazon S3. Ideally we would like to stream the audio only once, and have it picked up by Microsoft from Speech to Text AND be able to retrieve a URL for later use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Neural TTS in french

Hi,

The new neural text 2 speech feature looks amazing, but one language is missing : French :)

I don't know if it something on the list, or if it is coming soon, but I'm waiting for this feature to switch from Google Wavenet.
    I'm pretty sure that the french voice generated by this new neural TTS by MS Cognitive service will be a game changer.

The french language is complex, the emphasis, the punctation etc... but if MS can provide the same awesome quality as they have done in english... we will be able to build something incredible...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text to Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Confidence score on word level

The lack of a confidence score on word level feature is a show stopper for my company's project. It would be extremely useful for us to have the confidence score included within "Words" list , which consist of words and their timestamps.

According to this answer: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4979ca92-aa0f-4d09-b010-fc2eeb1bde80/speech-results-confidence-score-on-word-level?forum=AzureCognitiveService#8ae67445-4e23-49ea-b694-a8d877dc2dd0
    the feature is not public and we suspect that it could be provided quickly.

I'd be grateful for each vote for this idea!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Speech to Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please support spelling words

Let's say I'm building an application where I want to know a user's name or address. Whereas I can find the address online, the name might be something unique.

In this case, I'd like to let the user spell his name to the speech service. However, the results are not very good currently.

I'd love if there was an option to tell the cognitive services that I'm spelling something or that I only send letters to it.

Adding a LUIS model or custom intents to the recognizer didn't improve the results either. Very clear names always lead to some characters…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Speech to Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New language development

Please add Nigerian Yoruba language or give opportunity to specific users to develop a model with local language.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop TTS synthesizer

Once the synthesizer starts synthesizing audio, it can't be stopped. It would be nice to have some method that would stop/interrupt currently running audio synthesis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text to Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. audio+transcription not available

For training a model, I only have access to use "related text" and not audio+transcription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Proper error messaging when model training fails

When training a model on speech.microsoft.com fails we need proper error messaging. Right now it literally says "Failed" which provides absolutely no useful information for debugging.

Why do you hate your support people that they have to deal with customers whose only info is "it failed"...

Note that this is happening with training data that has already successfully been uploadted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add support for KWS on IOS

Add support for wake word detection on IOS platform

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Speech to Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support more languages/derivatives for Custom Voice Fonts

Support more languages/derivatives for Custom Voice Fonts. In particular, I'm looking to create a custom voice for en-GB, and building it using en-US doesn't quite work. I would also be looking to create custom voices for other flavours of English, en-AU being a priority.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Custom Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mark Labels for TTS Speech API

Azure Speech API should offer json mark labels for Text to Speech audio. This allows developers to use the audio file and the json mark labels to create audio tracking text in the app. The competitor has a similar solution. I found Azure TTS to be superior but am forced to use the competitor's solution due to lack of json mark labels. Speech mark labels should be in json format and available for all languages. It should provide information such as the begin and end timestamp of each sound to the text, phrase and sentences.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Text to Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for other audio formats and bitrates

Add support for other audio formats and bitrates

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Speech to Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gaeilge (Irish)

Please add Gaeilge the Irish language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there a way to stream audio via WebSocket and get Speech to Text results AND get a copy of the recording on Azure Storage?

We are currently using Bing Speech with LUIS, but looking to convert to Speech service.

Right now we have multiple recorders that operate in the browser, Flash, WebRTC, HTML5.

Each of these has to connect to Bing Speech to Text to get realtime translation and LUIS results to drive actions in the application. Additionally we are currently streaming the audio to Amazon S3. Ideally we would like to stream the audio only once, and have it picked up by Microsoft from Speech to Text AND be able to retrieve a URL for later use.

Having to maintain two streams has…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Speech to Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please continue to support the Korean language supported by Bing speech api

I would like to use the new Speech SDK. I am currently using Bing speech API, but if Korean is added, I will change to Speech SDK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I need Tamil nlp

Tamil nlp

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Custom Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Speech Service very high response time

we are using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/speech-service/quickstart-js-browser
    for filing user data on screen based on Voice input (recognizeOnceAsync)..but i am facing multiple problems in that
    1. There is no way around to stop recognizer immediately once i speak some words ..it take 4-5 seconds to stop mic processing ..
    2. assume i want to enter user first name based on voice ..but it takes 5-6 to complete the process ,which is not recommendable..need to your inputs to improve it .
    3. Any results returned from Speech service is appended with extra (.) in last of result . not sure why its happening .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Xamarin Android & Xamarin IOS SDK

There are no Xamarin Android & Xamarin IOS SDK for the latest custom speech used by Microsoft.

We hope we can use the SDK ASAP, since we think Xamarin is one of the Microsoft core product and widely used.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Speech to Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base