Microsoft

Video Indexer

Welcome to the Video Indexer Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Video Indexer API.

General – Any general ideas or suggestions related to Video Indexer.

Portal – Any ideas or feedback regarding the web portal for Video Indexer

Video AI – Any ideas or suggestions regarding Video AI features in Video Indexer.

1. enable/disable auto play video

Currently when you "select" an insight the position of the payer changes and the players continue playing, even if the player was on pauze. It would be nice that the player is just moving to the position in the video without starting the playback. This makes it more easily to validated why an insight was found. For example you select a person in the insight widget the player moves to the position in the movie and you can easily validate the select frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Concept for full compliance with data and privacy regulations

On page 56, the French Mission Report Content Recognition Tools ENG V (*) says the following about Microsoft Video Indexer content recognition tool : "... the use of facial recognition systems, however, raises legitimate questions about privacy and personal data, especially if such use were to become widespread. It thus requires special regulation."

I have a great business solution for that. I would gladly submit it to Microsoft.

Best regards - Marco Mart

(*) The Mission Report can be found/downloaded here:
    https://www.culture.gouv.fr/Sites-thematiques/Propriete-litteraire-et-artistique/Conseil-superieur-de-la-propriete-litteraire-et-artistique/Travaux/Missions/Mission-du-CSPLA-sur-les-outils-de-reconnaissance-des-contenus-proteges-par-les-plateformes-de-partage-en-ligne-etat-de-l-art-et-propositions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add functionality similar to media services so that i can get better control on encode, encrypt and index, also please add DRM.

Please add functionality similar to media services so that i can get better control on encode, encrypt and index, also please add DRM.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Finished Projects should be allowed to set to Public

Currently, Projects seem to be fixed at "Private" privacy setting.

I want to fix the transcript of several indexed videos, put them together within a single project, and ultimately share them publicly.

However, because it is fixed at private, I would need to render/download the project, and re-upload it as a video.
    Unfortunately, this requires indexing the video again, which will get rid of all my fixes on the transcript. Additionally, this will cost extra money for indexing.

Could there just be a Public setting for finished projects?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Customer Feedback - Video Indexer Trial

I had a chance to test out the video indexing a bit more and passed it onto somebody who frequently writes up transcripts of interviews. He was able to test it out a bit and, while he was certainly interested in the technology (especially the translation feature given the large number of Spanish speaking interviews that he must translate), he determined that it is still easier to manually transcribe interviews than to go through and correct the mistakes in the indexed video.

The majority of the problems are due to the fact that most people being interviewed by police and/or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Video AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 「埋め込み」して再生した場合の感想

・再生までに時間が掛かってしまう。
    ・時々止まってしまいます。
    ・Video Indexer 画面では 英語、フランス語、ドイツ語、日本語、中国語、韓国語と表示されるのに埋め込みで再生した場合は japanes のみの表示になります。
    ・タイムラインで編集する時、開始、終了時間の編集や追加が出来れば嬉しいです。

上記の解決方法がありましたら回答をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please have a way to download VTT transcript file using a Logic app

It would useful to have a way to download a VTT transcript file when we Index a video using Logic app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot solve duplicated account error

I'm not sure how to solve this error.

Couldn't sign in to the Developer Portal
    Another user with the email ‘<my-email-address>’ is already registered to APIM.
    Note: If you have two or more users with the same email, and you want to switch between accounts, you can delete your Developer Portal account and register again.
    Back to the Developer Portal

Do I need to wait 90 days until another account has been deleted? Or Is there any idea to solve it?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out.
    A possible explanation is that you registered through a different provider (AAD\Microsoft\Google) and therefore there is a user with your email address. If that is the case you will need to delete the other account.

If you are still having issues with this please contact support:
    Trial account customers:
    1.       Go to the "Issues" tab on the Video Indexer Developer Portal (https://ms.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade/newsupportrequest) and sign in
    2.       Scroll down and click "Report Issue"

Paid account customers:
    1.       Go to Azure portal Help + support (https://ms.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade/newsupportrequest)
    2.       Create a new support request. Your request will be tracked within SLA.

9. incorrect translation in Korean

Content Model Customization menu. The button for "Training" the model is incorrectly translated as "기차", which means "Train" as a transporation - totally different meaning.
    The right translation is "학습".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When deleting a Video from VI, Return Notification When AMS Asset Fails to Delete Corresponding Files

When deleting a video from VI, the corresponding Assets in AMS will also usually be deleted.
    However, if we put a Delete Lock on the AMS resource, the Assets will fail to be deleted when deleting a video from VI.

Problematically, there is no notification of the Asset deletion failing. Is it possible to have this implemented?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 一旦翻訳したものを再翻訳できるようにして欲しい。

日本語で話している動画を日本語や英語の文にすると正確ではありません。そこで、日本語を正確に訂正した後、更にその正しい日本語を元に英語の翻訳をやり直して欲しい。このような機能があれば嬉しいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 時間の訂正や追加、削除も可能にして欲しい。

英語を基準にした場合、日本語などでは表示されている時間に対してのタイミングがどうしても合いません。
    よって、時間の変更、追加、削除が出来るようにして欲しい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. japanese

When I change/edit Japanese in the portion of the wrong phrase, I do not know the reason why, Japanese automatically are moved in the top of the sentence.
    日本語で修正すると、何故か修正した単語が日本語フレーズの文頭にもダブル。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out. This channel is for providing feedback and suggesting features.
    To report an issue with Video Indexer, follow these steps:

Trial account customers:
    1.       Go to the "Issues" tab on the Video Indexer Developer Portal (https://ms.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade/newsupportrequest) and sign in

Paid account customers:
    1.       Go to Azure portal Help + support (https://ms.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade/newsupportrequest)

14. Customized Character detection WITH face detection

Can we use both to object detection?

scenario:
    - Contents like Power Ranger
    - Face work well to actor
    - Custom Vision model work well to Ranger

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, you need to choose between indexing your video with an animation model or face model. Per you use case here, you can try indexing the movie twice, using both methods, and take the relevant insights from the JSON files created for each indexed version.
    We will love to hear your feedback.

15. The Detection Missed a Face

What can I do if the Video Indexer didn't detect one of the faces of someone who is very present in the video. That despite that I uploaded pictures of that person to train it, that were screenshot from the video I indexed. Could the problem be that the person is wearing glasses and often have a microphone in front of her mouth (but not always).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This channel is for providing feedback and suggesting features.
    To report an issue with Video Indexer, follow these steps:

Trial account customers:

Paid account customers:

16. Clarity about pricing/ subscription packages.

I couldn't figure out the pricing/ subscription packages. There should be clarity on different Packages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add czech

language

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About video subtitle editing

Currently there is a function to correct subtitle data of video, but there is no function to add subtitle data, so can you create a function to add subtitles at a specific time?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Serious problem in labels, especially in the Portuguese translation.

I just started using video indexer -- it's a good name that reflets accurately what the system does, providing labels and clues to the content. However I severely opose using the noun "insight" to name such clues, since insight is capacity, and a very human one. Showing a "list of insights" in the GUI is very confusing in English, and much, much more in the Portuguese version. The fact that the translator could not find a good translation is a good clue that the concept was ill-labeled. Please use all English dictionaries available and choose a better label -- "insight"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

For editing transcription you can click on “Edit”, then go to the Timeline, where you see the full transcription, and edit what you need.
    You do not need to exit the Edit mode and choose it again after you moved to the Timeline.

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Video Indexer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base