Microsoft

Custom Vision Service

Welcome to the Custom Vision Service API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Custom Vision Service API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Release Notes – Recently updated December 19.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi user access to projects

Just migrated from a Limited Trial to Azure resources. Would like to allow other users access to the project via the Custom Vision portal so they can add new images from predictions and train new iterations, but don't want them to be able to play with other settings via the Azure Portal for example. The Documentation doesn't mention multi user access as far as I can see.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better error information

I'm currently struggling with an issue where my project is failing to train. Sadly, there is absolutely no useful information about WHY it's failing in either via the API or the UI.

In the API I simply get a status of "Failed" for the iteration and in the UI I get "This iteration failed to train."

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Additional Documentation - Object Detection Model Export

Hello,

Could you please provide detailed documentation regarding the integration of an exported model to CoreML. Currently, the model registers an output of a multi-dimensional array. Can the output be more defined so that it is more clear when integrated into iOS.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can we create a negative tag using the API ?

I see that we can change the type (negative or non-negative) using the UI interface but not with the API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide feature to changes subscription mapped with project

Provide feature to changes subscription mapped with project.

If we moved azure custom vision resources in azure portal then it exiting project not visible in portal.

This is blocker need to fix. Project seems not working if subscription limit reached. Need to provide feature to change subscription mapping ASAP.

Thanks, Great Api. Microsoft.
    Good Job.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide input and output names for tensorflow models

For certain applications (Tensorflow in Unity3D), we need to know the inputname and outputname

I found these for the models currently generated by this service to be:
    inputname: Placeholder
    output
    name: model_outputs

I think it is useful for many devs to include this, and other information such as mean and image size when eporting to tensorflow graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unclear what "compact" model means

When trying to click "export", it says I should select "compact" model, but there is no help or hint as of what that means, nor where I can do that.
    Pity, because the rest of the UX is very easy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create object detection project, connect it from Azure portal.

Hi, I am new to custom vision services, I followed along image classification documentation, which is very nice and straight forward. I had some trouble connecting it with my azure subscription to remove limited trial but some how I did it. After doing so, I cannot create a new Object Detection project on my azure resource: "Object detection is on preview, use limited trail resource..".
    I think something is missing from documentation about these details. Need some help on this.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. tutorial on Custom Vision + Azure Functions

Btw, I am working on a test with Azure Functions. Would be nice to see a tutorial on Custom Vision + Functions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give more information about prefered image size

I have experimented with original and resized images to train classifiers and got strange results.

When I used the "General" domain, the performance scores were better for original size images (5Mpixel).
    When I trained "General (Compact)" the performance score were better for resized (1Mpixel - width/height: 768*1024px) images.

Can you give more infomation about what size do you use as input to train your models? Can the image resize algorythm cause the difference between performance of the same model?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. need documentation on using testing and training key API in code

Please provide some documentation on using the testing and training key API in code. Also do we need a end url? Documentation to use this in code is sorely missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give curl template in the Prediction URL pane

Give curl template in the Prediction URL pane to help people get going quickly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base