Microsoft

Custom Vision Service

Welcome to the Custom Vision Service API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Custom Vision Service API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Release Notes – Recently updated December 19.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download Project / Images

Please add a download as zip in web interface from customvision.ai for

• export project

• import project

• training images / iteration

• predicted images / iteration

• red boxed(the ones that are not fully recognized) images / iteration

Thanks in advance

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Heat Map to describe what object impact to prediction

Heat Map is very helpful to understand what area is impacted to Object Detetion task.
    Hope we can see it at Active Learning phase via REST API call.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Images in Single Request

Allow predictions for multiple images (files) in a single request similar to what is supported for training.

i.e. predictionEndpoint.PredictImages(Guid predictionKey, List<Stream> imageStreams)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export & Models or Download photos trained

Due to single user limitation, would like to export & import models to other account. Or, wish if photo used for training be downloadable at once so to transplant model easily.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ignore tags with less than 5 images when training

Currently, if you want to train your project, all tags need to have at least 5 images otherwise an error will be thrown and your entire project will not get trained.

Please allow an option to ignore tags with less that 5 images when training

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Download all images

Button to download all images uploaded

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. API to bulk upload training image with tag

API to bulk upload training image with tag will be more convenient in a situation where lot of images required for training.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase Max image size (prediction)

Most cameras and smart phones will produce pictures bigger than the Max image size (prediction) in the Vision Service API. Could it be increased or create a simple way to send a rescaled image to the Vision service API.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Training - Allow us to crop or set bounds box for each tag

I'd like the option to upload a single picture and tag it into multiple tags but tell the computer where in the picture to focus on what tag. This could help us get object level tagging if we wanted to take the time to train it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide managed .DLL for offline classification

It would be very helpful to be able to download the compact model as a managed .DLL that has a single .Classify method. This way we could integrate the real time model into any application.

Maybe add GPU option and/or multicore.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Offline Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better error information

I'm currently struggling with an issue where my project is failing to train. Sadly, there is absolutely no useful information about WHY it's failing in either via the API or the UI.

In the API I simply get a status of "Failed" for the iteration and in the UI I get "This iteration failed to train."

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Select All on Predictions view

I would like to be able to Select All images on the current page so that I can then use the "Tag Images" button.

Currently, I have to click on each individual checkbox to select them all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Eliminate false positives

I have trained my model with 500 images of different BMW motor vehicles however if i give it an image of a stretch Hummer it categorizes that as a BMW.

It is able to correctly return low probability (or zero) for clearly non car related imagery but i would have thought it should also return a low probability of a stretch Hummer being a BMW too, not 99%

Put another way, if an image is of the same type as that which the model is trained for then unless you have sufficient tags (e.g, lots of different vehicle makes) then…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow tagged areas to be downloaded as images

Would be great if we could download the image inside the bounding box, or perform OCR etc on the box.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Training data analysis for improvement

After training, it would be nice if we could see analysis on biases of train data set (e.g. a set of data tagged to "A" seems similar than other tags, or seem to have enough deviation in dataset, etc), so tthat we could add new data to correct those.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export to ONNX 2

The 17763 release of Windows and WinML api's aren't compatible with current ONNX exports. Please update to avoid this error:

Type Error: Type (map(string,tensor(float))) of output arg (loss) of node (ZipMap) does not match expected type (seq(map(string,tensor(float))))

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. when do you plan to increase the #tags/project? would be really helpful to know

when do you plan to increase the #tags/project? would be really helpful to know

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export model

When do you plan to give us access to the model? Export model: Tensor flow, CNTK seems not available right now.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give more information about prefered image size

I have experimented with original and resized images to train classifiers and got strange results.

When I used the "General" domain, the performance scores were better for original size images (5Mpixel).
    When I trained "General (Compact)" the performance score were better for resized (1Mpixel - width/height: 768*1024px) images.

Can you give more infomation about what size do you use as input to train your models? Can the image resize algorythm cause the difference between performance of the same model?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide C# tensorflow example

The Custom Vision documentation provides a nice example for how to use the tensorflow compact model in python, but no example for C#. Can you provide?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/custom-vision-service/export-model-python

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDKs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base