Microsoft

Custom Vision Service

Welcome to the Custom Vision Service API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Custom Vision Service API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Release Notes – Recently updated December 19.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give more information about prefered image size

I have experimented with original and resized images to train classifiers and got strange results.

When I used the "General" domain, the performance scores were better for original size images (5Mpixel).
    When I trained "General (Compact)" the performance score were better for resized (1Mpixel - width/height: 768*1024px) images.

Can you give more infomation about what size do you use as input to train your models? Can the image resize algorythm cause the difference between performance of the same model?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do Not Return to Page 1 After Editing

When editing/deleting images from a set, the current page should remain sticky and not reset to page 1.

Example: If I have worked through page 15 deleting unwanted images from my set, after I press "Delete" then, "Yes, delete", the gallery should remain on Page 15 so I don't have to scroll all the way back from Page 1.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Project Thumbnail Editing.

It would be helpful if we could select a specific image as a representative thumbnail of the project. The current random image is confusing when viewing all the projects on the main page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy and Paste

Copy and paste allow the copying and pasting of tags with ctrl-C and ctrl-V

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better tagging and active learning

Hi I'm the developer of microsoft VoTT it would be great if you could integrate the following features

• The ability to select multiple bounding boxes and tag at once by holding a hot key such as ctr or shift

• The ablitiy to apply pretrained models for common objects such as the coco or pascal classes

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Train with Random cropping - Predict with multiple cropping and majority voting

Have a feature to switch on cropping (data augmentation) for training and for inference.

1) It is a well known technique to use random cropping to help to train a classifier. (Alex Krizhevsky did that too)

2) In this paper https://arxiv.org/pdf/1803.00949v1.pdf about Tree Species Identification from Bark Images Using Convolutional
    Neural Networks researchers used cropping for training and for interference too. " For
    the latter, we split the test image into multiple non-overlapping
    224x224 crops and classified each one individually. Then, we
    performed majority voting to determine the final outcome.
    As can be seen from Table III, progressing from single …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Batch labelling during upload

Upload tags/labels as a CSV file for the current batch images I am uploading. And Images should have the file name visible some how ...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Iteration history retagging

Can we change tags from the iteration history page?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. need documentation on using testing and training key API in code

Please provide some documentation on using the testing and training key API in code. Also do we need a end url? Documentation to use this in code is sorely missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Vision Predictions page - Select All

It would be good to have a "Select All" on the Predictions Page as I have to select them individually to delete

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Using the exported Tensorflow model with python

Example code how to deploy the tensorflow model (model.pb) with python

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDKs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Download the TensorFlow or CoreML using the API

Possibility to download the TensorFlow or CoreML model from the API. I don't want to publish a new App every time I need to update the model. There is any recommendation way to update the App model without new publish?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. i don't want the data to be public

my data is sensitive so don't want to upload images to custom vision site.i have a azure subscription so can i use it to make as private???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Download Project / Images

Please add a download as zip in web interface from customvision.ai for

• export project

• import project

• training images / iteration

• predicted images / iteration

• red boxed(the ones that are not fully recognized) images / iteration

Thanks in advance

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. one hot encoding

There needs to be an option for one-hot encoding so the output is the probability of one answer over the other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give curl template in the Prediction URL pane

Give curl template in the Prediction URL pane to help people get going quickly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Prediction URL

It´d be great if we could have some GET method in order to obtain the last prediction URL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Training data analysis for improvement

After training, it would be nice if we could see analysis on biases of train data set (e.g. a set of data tagged to "A" seems similar than other tags, or seem to have enough deviation in dataset, etc), so tthat we could add new data to correct those.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export & Models or Download photos trained

Due to single user limitation, would like to export & import models to other account. Or, wish if photo used for training be downloadable at once so to transplant model easily.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base