Microsoft

Custom Vision Service

Welcome to the Custom Vision Service API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Custom Vision Service API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Release Notes – Recently updated December 19.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create object detection project, connect it from Azure portal.

Hi, I am new to custom vision services, I followed along image classification documentation, which is very nice and straight forward. I had some trouble connecting it with my azure subscription to remove limited trial but some how I did it. After doing so, I cannot create a new Object Detection project on my azure resource: "Object detection is on preview, use limited trail resource..".
    I think something is missing from documentation about these details. Need some help on this.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. tutorial on Custom Vision + Azure Functions

Btw, I am working on a test with Azure Functions. Would be nice to see a tutorial on Custom Vision + Functions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import and retain filenames

This would be useful when organizing mass datasets that have duplicate images. i.e. web applications with unique IP addresses as filenames.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Less Restrictions for Industry Usage

Lifting the restrictions, such as max number of predictions or training iterations, so that it would become flexible for variety of projects such as real-time video analysis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to set approximate models size during export

Setting constraints for exported model size. The model size usually seems to be below 3MB but I would like to control this factor a little more. What if I want to add several models to my application but I don't want it to get bulky.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. API Endpoint for searching images by URL

Would love to see an endpoint that allows one to search for imageId via the sourceURL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search for images not attached to an iteration yet.

We upload many images into the training system by automation. Before running a new training on the images, we would like to see new images since the last iteration -- this problem could also be solved by adding a search to the UI for image upload date.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase Max image size (prediction)

Most cameras and smart phones will produce pictures bigger than the Max image size (prediction) in the Vision Service API. Could it be increased or create a simple way to send a rescaled image to the Vision service API.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. support 1000 tags

I would like to add about 1000 tags, is this possible?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export model

When do you plan to give us access to the model? Export model: Tensor flow, CNTK seems not available right now.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Model Exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Download all images

Button to download all images uploaded

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The difference between model in the cloud and on-prem

Hello PM,

I'm working on an urgent case using custom vision to do the selection of defected solar cell photos from a huge amount of library. Due to security requirement, the customer wants to export the model to on-prem to do the prediction. According to the documentation, it could be slightly less accurate than doing in the cloud. I'm wondering if you have the further explanation regarding this difference and how to improve the precision on-prem. Another question is how will it be charged on-prem prediction if the server can't connect to Azure. Hope to hear the feedback soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Offline Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. C# Sample Code should check if a project exists instead of creating another project of the same name

As I tried the sample app, after running it twice, the thrid time it resulted in an error. Turned out it has exceed the max project limit. The confusion was that it created two. I assumed that it just overwrote the project. A minor issue, but might be confusing that the second time it was another project, and third time it failed without much clear explanation why.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDKs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve Account Selection

On my https://customvision.ai/projects, it is now showing all my Azure accounts. (I swear it did not this weekend). But it is a bit confusing to see the "email" address labelled with onmicrosoft.com address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. filenames and folders for images

Ability to copy a whole project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. tag

if i map one product for 1 tag (SKY number), i wish to predict which products are most similar to the user submitted image, there is a limit of 250 tag/project.
    it seems i can't handle more than 1000 products, right?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Select All on Predictions view

I would like to be able to Select All images on the current page so that I can then use the "Tag Images" button.

Currently, I have to click on each individual checkbox to select them all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Thumbnails are cropped, so I can't bulk-tag (I can't tag without seeing all 4 corners of image)

On the image list pages ("Training Images" and "Predictions" tabs), the thumbnails are cropped to be square ratio. But this means I can't see the whole image.

The "Tag Images" button is very useful, allowing me to tag images from the list view. But as a human doing the tagging, I need to be able to see the whole image.

Possible solutions:
    1. Use zooming instead of cropping when generating the thumbnail. Just pad with white or black to make the square.

1. Add a toggle so the user can set whether they want zoomed or cropped thumbnails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile app to snap and tag photos

Anno is a mobile and web app that makes the process of adding and tagging photos in CustomVision projects super easy. The app isn't perfect, but it's free to use and works quite well with CustomVision. Looks like additional functionality is coming soon. annoapp.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base