Microsoft

QnA Maker

Welcome to the QnA Maker Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to QnA Maker API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Attention!

We have moved our Customer Feedback & Ideas for Azure Cognitive Services portal to the Azure Feedback Forum.

Please go to the link below to access our new Feedback and Ideas Page.

1. download multipleknowledgebases with one get api call

We have multiple knowledgebases in one cognitive service and want to retrieve all of them with one get api call.. currently this is not supported in qna Maker. Can we share multiple comma separated kbids and get the all data merged together in one shot. these will develop the performance as well and would be helpful to us.

https://myhubfaqpartners.cognitiveservices.azure.com/qnamaker/v4.0/knowledgebases/{76d451e3-c81f-4243-a0c3-b9c772cb6be7},{6d775b61-8e14-4ba6-9ffe-f7bc27adb78e}/Test/qna

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. change font color to black

Can you change the font color to black instead of that light gray on the QNAMaker home page? It can be really hard to make out the light color fonts. Or maybe give the user an option to see black fonts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. QnA Maker ARM Deployment needs to be fixed (No endpoint keys found error)

I am having an issue where I cannot create KBs in QnA Maker for services which I have deployed via ARM template/DevOps. There are a number of issues here and on Github, but the main suggestions (create all the resources in the same region, don't put anything else on the app service plan, delete and redeploy) have not worked for me. As noted the resources HAVE been created and deleted multiple times with the same names, so I don't know if that's part of the issue. The resources create just fine (cognitive service, app service, app service plan, azure search,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There should be an unStrcitFilter and a strictFilter to bring back the default value if no metadata is found on the Q and A

Besides the logical OR operator for the api and strictFilter there should be an option for an unStrictFilter meaning if it finds the metadata request then it will use that filter and if not it will bring back the default answer.

Currently our API we our building will work like I am describing because things happen in a general sense... Every call can't be ultra specific to the API that is not feasible. However, it would be great along with the logical OR operator to be included in the API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The region limitation for the QnA maker does not make sense at all

Currently I can't use the QnA service at my project because of a region restriction (I can't deploy applications in west us)

Such a powerfull tool wasted here because a minor restriction!

There is any rational behind this region limitation?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. QnA DevOps

Can devops be implemented for QnA just like luis as explained in NLU.DevOps? https://github.com/microsoft/NLU.DevOps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. URL formating doesn´t work in teams when using follow-up prompt

When adding a follow-up promt to question url formating don´t work in teams-channel but it works in web-channel

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feedback

Is there a way to add feedback function when a chat ends or there's a certain keyword to trigger the feedback prompt? (like "Thanks"). Then have the feedback feed into azure and then create a query to pull the feedback table and information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. QnAMaker service region is set to West US as default

We've faced this issue while we're creating QnaMaker Service on Azure portal into a resource group when we have a location restricted resource group policy on Azure.

We're looking for only hosting services in North Europe or West Europe and Qna maker throws an error because of it's trying to create "QnAMaker Cognitive Service" to be hosted in West US.

Due to subscription limitation we can not create a resource group supporting West US region, our subscription only requires Europe based regions.

Please can you give an ability to QnAMaker Cognitive Service to pick location as well?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. QnAMaker service region is set to West US as default

We've faced this issue while we're creating QnaMaker Service on Azure portal into a resource group when we have a location restricted resource group policy on Azure.

We're looking for only hosting services in North Europe or West Europe and Qna maker throws an error because of it's trying to create "QnAMaker Cognitive Service" to be hosted in West US.

Due to subscription limitation we can not create a resource group supporting West US region, our subscription only requires Europe based regions.

Please can you give an ability to QnAMaker Cognitive Service to pick location as well?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable Import of Topics from Virtual Agent (PVA) to QnA maker

Enable existing Topics from Virtual Agent (PVA) to be processed by QnA Maker.
    We have 180 topics and now we are told we will focus on QnA maker :( Looks like a load of work!

Alternative
    What is the best practice on moving PVA topics to QnA maker?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Azure Query

Is there a query to get the question the user asked, when the bot answered with the string 'DefaultCardNoMatchResponse' (in QnAMakerBaseDialog.cs)?

I know we are able to get ones where the bot wasn't able to answer the question, but I want one that shows the question when user selects "none of the above" when the cards show "Did you mean..."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CSV format support for input data

I have a request from a customer to support the CSV format, not just JSON as the Content-Type of the REST API.
    Any plans to support csv format in the future?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto language translation

It will be perfect if it can understands the questions in whichever language, then find the answers from the KB and return with the 'asked' language, optionally combine the answers in default language.

For example, I have KB in English, if the ask is in Japanese, it can understand and find the answer from the KB and return the answer in Japanese and the English (bilingual answer).

This will help a lot for preparing the multilingual KB when the chatbot is globally deployed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The standard version only allows 3 transaction per second and 100 transaction per minute

How does the pricing work out? Can I have 20 knowledge base, each with 20 managed document and the pricing is still 10$ with 3 transactions per second. Or the pricing is based on 1 knowledge base?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creation Date Timestamp for QnA Pairs

In order to run reporting and analytics on the Knowledgebase the creation and update timestamp is meaningful.
    At least in the XLS download function this data should be exposed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We need more characters for additional follow up prompt.

We need more characters for additional follow up prompt, currently it has only maximum 50 chars only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Knowledgebase Save and Train

I cannot Save and Train after editing Setting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support for AzDO work items as data source

We use a AzDO kanban board for consultancy support (cloud competence center department) and we get a lot of similar questions from different departments.
    We've arranged a FAQ etc., but you'd need to update it and refer to it manually. It'd be nice to have some learning system doing it automatically from the work items (filtering out some Description parts as a question and Comment as an answer).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. knowledge base

When I enter keywords to search, the relevant QnA pairs return, but my keywords are not highlighted, making it hard to know why the pairs are shown in the search results.

To make it easy to see what a QnA pair is about, I often modify the top question in my question list so that the first column will update accordingly. However, after I click Save and Train, the top question kept reverting back to the previous text before my edits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base