Microsoft

QnA Maker API

Welcome to the QnA Maker API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to QnA Maker API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

1. Granular KB level permissions for QnA maker?

At this time everybody on the QnA Maker instance with contributor rights can edit and delete all the KBs. Can we have a more granular KB level permissions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REST API: Blob Storage

The REST API supports crud for files/urls

Is it possible to specify a file that is pointing to blob storage?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. QnA Maker welcome message

One of the missing functionalities in QnA Maker is the welcome message from the bot. Whichever channel is used, there is no default welcome message to be provided in an easy way even though there are GitHub example and this confuses the end-user since there is no clear clue on what the KB is based on. Of course, there may be qna pairs taking care of this, but the first screen comes always blank. I think it would be great to have and customize such a welcome message either via the webapp or via the qnabot.cs file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Limit access to organization only

I haven't found any clear instructions on how to limit a Web App Bot to organizational access only. I don't want it open to the world. What is the best way to go about this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we fetch the alternative phrases from qna maker api

If we add multiple synonym for a question .can we fetch that using qna maker api

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. QnA Maker Portal Chatbot doesn’t work with follow-up prompts

Currently the chatbot on the QnA Portal doesn’t return the correct question/answer pair when using follow-up prompts. The functionality works as expected using the API. See my Stackoverflow post here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56966147/qna-maker-knowledge-base-returning-no-good-match-found-in-kb-for-follow-up-pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding questions to different sources

When adding questions in the QnA-Maker interface I would like to have the possibility to add the questions to a specific source without manually going into the tsv.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get history of KB Changes

Strategy for governance and content ownership of KB. Market demand for multiple people within a department to collaborate on a single KB. We should be able to assign a given ‘intent’ to a specific person and track their update history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for multiple languages per QnA service

Currently QnA Service supports only one language per service. Thus I have to provision 3 services (cognitive, app, search) per language. This is not cost effective solution to implement multilingual bot application.
    Please implement support for hosting knowledge bases for different languages in the same QnA service.
    Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Document import parsing rules for various file formats

Clearly document import parsing rules for the various supported file formats. After attempting to import user generated PDF and Word documents it's clear there are many consistency issues.

My goal is tell users to create FAQ documents in a specific format using a common tool and then have those import consistently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Masquerade or Impersonate or proxy an existing AAD user, especially in MS Teams?

Scenario: say we have an existing "pseudo-service" account "support@contoso.com". It is actually a real AAD user with an exchange mail box (which is needed for our IT service desk to receive and process email based issue creation and updates). However, no-one logs into Windows with this account, its "back-end-ish". Sometimes though, clever users will attempt to communicate with this user account in MS Teams, which no one is monitoring.

It would be great for a QnA bot to be connected with the MS Teams chat channel of this user account, without interfering with other aspects of the account…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add option if value of metadata should be lowercased(normalised).

In the moment you enter with a file or via manual input: "KB : KB_ServEssHR"
    After saving it is converted in QnaMaker to: "kb : kb_servesshr"
    I understand this happening for the tag, to make it more easily searched for, but for the content?
    So I would like to have the option to have the content normalized - because if you want to put case-sensitive content in the value of the metadata, this will currently not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Issue with accents QnA Maker import from tsv

There is a problem with the import as tsv option for QnA Maker.

When I export a knowledge base as tsv and then import again, my accented letters are replaced with the unicodes (for example é becomes <U+00E9>. The accented letters are still present in the exported file, so it happens during import.

This is a pity since I would like to use the export/import as a backup option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Issue with accents QnA Maker import from tsv

There is a problem with the import as tsv option for QnA Maker.

When I export a knowledge base as tsv and then import again, my accented letters are replaced with the unicodes (for example é becomes <U+00E9>. The accented letters are still present in the exported file, so it happens during import.

This is a pity since I would like to use the export/import as a backup option.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include External API integration

Hi team,
    I would like to suggest to include External API Integration function inside the QnA Maker

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Create Bot' is failing to populate subscription ID and QnA Auth Key

Right now, if I use the 'Create bot' feature after publish my knowledgebase service, the 'Create Web App' page on the Azure Portal is opened, however it warns that there are missing parameters. If I examine the querystring, I can see that the subscription id is 'undefined'. If I paste my Azure subscription ID in and refresh, most of the fields are populated, however the QnA Auth Key field is still empty. This worked a couple of days ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. User Feedback/Rating for the QnA web app bot usage

Just like how customers provide feedback/rating to the service provided. After the user uses the QnA Web app bot for his queries, if there is any option provided to the user to rate the QnA bot along with the comments will be good. With this we can see how many users are satisfied with the automated bot and also helps in improving the QnA maker web app bot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding a provision for the user to enter his query which is not in the knowledge base

Just like how we have feedback option in QnA maker - where user enters his message, email address and submits, here user will get a response to his email address.
    The same concept is needed in the QnA web app bot which is deployed to any channels - where in case if the bot is not able to answer the user query from the knowledge base - instead of providing a custom message - we should give an option to the user to add his query along with his email address. This user query has to be saved in Azure…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Turn Train api back on

Please turn train api back in v.4.0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Synonyms - Enable simple contraction for Phrase Queries

The multi-word synonyms appear to be quite straightforward. This is a known issue when use phrase synonyms and search by phrase queries.

The elastic team explained it much better than me:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/master/multi-word-synonyms.html#_use_simple_contraction_for_phrase_queries

The idea is to inject a single term that represents all synonyms.

Could you enable something like that into QnA?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base