Microsoft

Translator

Built for business, Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in a global environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Translator:

• Text translation with Translator on Azure
  • Custom Translator
For speech translation, use the Speech service feedback forum

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages

If you have a suggestion for a new language, go to: How do I get my language supported?

Additional support –
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  • Free technical support in Stack Overflow.
  • Free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
  • Signing up for a Translator Text API subscription in the Azure portal.
  • For all other Translator questions, click “Contact us” at the top right of this page.
For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products, please go to Microsoft Translator support.

1. Kurdish language

In overall the world there are 50 million Kurdish people speaking Kurdish. Google translator, Linux and and Facebook already started Kurdish services. We would like to see Kurdish also in Microsoft products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kürtçe dil desteği istiyoruz

Kürtçe dil çevirisi istiyoruz

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kurdish language

Hi. We are millions of kurd want to use Windows and other Microsoft products in Kurdish with latin script to. There is Kurdish with Arabic script, Central Kurdish. But we want in latin script

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kurdis language translate

Hello I'm kudish I want to Kurdish translate here I hope you make this thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New uptade bring video translation

How to bring video translation in the same way that you have photo translation in practice
    I want to know the Turkish language of this video, what he says

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to bring video translation in the same way that you have photo translation in practice

How to bring video translation in the same way that you have photo translation in practice
    I want to know the Turkish language of this video, what he says

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. translation service does not handle the Breton language

hello, your translation service does not handle the Breton language (ISO code 639-1/2 br/bre).

The result is that texts written in this language on sites using the Microsoft solution (Twitter for example), indicate that the texts are written in languages with no link (Spanish, Dutch, Haitian Creole, Romanian, Norwegian, English ...), and the automatic translation of Microsoft is inconsistent. Users on Twitter regularly complain that the Breton language is not even identified as such.

Can you tell me when did you plan to add it to the list of supported languages?

If you do not add it immediately for translation,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Translator Text API should also return application/json Response Content Type

Currently only application/XML is supported, and many of the other cognitive services have the option to use either xml or json.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real time sentimental analysis of speech

We have different types of services to do speech to text transformation and to do text sentimental analysis, can we have one service which provide us real time sentimental analysis of conversation? Services like this one are already provided by https://www.nexmo.com/use-cases/real-time-sentiment-analysis and its very useful for customer support scenario. Performance is a key factor here because once the customer is left we can't do much with results of sentimental analysis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The new layout of the bing translator on the site is a step backwards.

I normally use Bing to translate Cantonese/Chinese text.

It's nice that you are trying to update things to compete with google translate but atleast make it so it doesn't auto select the entire 2k text that i input whenever i click on one single word.

Also, can you change the text to speech config back to male voice? the female voice for chinese is god awful because the woman speaking doesn't pronounce the words properly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use KEY1 instead of AccessToken

Please provide the PHP HTTP Sample with the following updated function which uses the KEY1 instead of AccessToken.

I use it and it works perfectly.

function AzureTranslate($key1, $langsource='en', $langtarget='fr', $texttotranslateinlang_source){

try {

//Create the authorization Header string.
    //$authHeader = "Authorization: Bearer ". $accessToken;
    $authHeader = "Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key: ". $key1;
    //Set the params.//
    $fromLanguage = $lang_source;
    $toLanguage = $lang_target;
    $inputStr = $text_to_translate_in_lang_source;
    $contentType = 'text/plain';
    $category = 'general';

$params = "text=".urlencode($inputStr)."&to=".$toLanguage."&from=".$fromLanguage."&contentType=".$contentType."&category=".$category;
    $translateUrl = &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://api.microsofttranslator.com/v2/Http.svc/Translate?$params&quot;">https://api.microsofttranslator.com/v2/Http.svc/Translate?$params&quot;</a>;

//Create the Translator Object.
    $translatorObj = new HTTPTranslator();

//Get the curlResponse.
    $curlResponse = $translatorObj-&gt;curlRequest($translateUrl, $authHeader);

//Interprets a string of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Chinese translation with format tags in a doc and HTML

we have a lot of documents with format tag in Office files and HTML files. when we try to to translation and keep format unchanged. But the tags breaks the letters into separate words. for example "时 间“ (time)was translated into "when between", "地 点” was translated into "toPoint". current Word Translation and Office add-in has the same issue.
    it is supper hard for us process the tags from user side. Microsoft please improve this, will be a big quality jump!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When i translate i get following exception

when i translate i get this exception "{"Invalid appId\r\nParameter name: appId"}" although i have valid microsoft text translator api key and i have put it in the code but stil it shows.
    when i select soap v2 service refference it gets ok but parameters show exception

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Pauline responded

Hello mukeshdewan,

Thank you for using the Microsoft Translator Text API. The Translator API is now available in the Azure portal and we only support REST (we do not support SOAP or AJAX).

The DataMarket platform retired earlier this year in April and the Translator API is provisioned through the Azure portal.

You can find the documentation to get started here at http://docs.microsofttranslator.com
    Code examples are in GitHub at https://github.com/MIcrosoftTranslator

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
    your Microsoft Translator team

15. Actual system too complicated. Simplify, simplify and simplify again

From memoQ, in the Microsoft MT plugin settings, configure the "subscribe to Microsoft Translator" option so that one is automatically registered and can start working right away. We are translators, not computers nerds.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make this suggestion directly to memoQ. We appreciate memoQ providing the option of Microsoft Translator in their software. The decision must be made by memoQ.

Thank you for your interest and use of the Microsoft Translator service.

Microsoft Translator team

16. Translator Text API does not translate correctly.

Hello. I translate from Russian into English and noticed a bug:
    1. погода в Гатчине сегодня = weather in London today
    2. погода в Гатчине сейчас = weather in Markham now
    Гатчина is a small town in Russia and it should not be translated. There are a lot of cities where your translater makes such errors. Google translator does not make such mistakes. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support dictionaly only feature for DNN mode

The DNN output improve is so great. The more needed capabilty to use complex business domain is dictionally as customable space. We strongly want to Translator Hub for DNN mode. That's dramatically reduce our manual process for translation workflow.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello 李國安,

We’re following up as you indicated interest in neural machine translation and customization. Microsoft Translator announced today the availability of a new customization feature for neural machine translation (NMT): Custom Translator (Preview).

Custom Translator (Preview) offers similar capabilities to what Translator Hub does for Statistical MT but exclusively for NMT systems.
    The new version 3 of Microsoft Translator Text API is required to use Custom Translator.

The supported languages are limited to pairs where NMT languages exist and the list of NMT languages available today can be found on the Microsoft Translator Languages webpage at www.aka.ms/TranslatorLanguages.

The new unified Speech services (Preview), also announced today, offers neural network based customization for speech recognition, translation, and speech synthesis. Learn more at www.aka.ms/AcomSpeech.

Read more about this announcement in the Microsoft Translator blog at www.aka.ms/TranslatorCustomNMTBlog.

Thank you for your interest.

18. Make C# client libraries available on nuget, similar to Azure SDKs

I would love to be able to consume C# wrapper libraries for the text api (similar to Azure SDKs for access to blob storage, etc.) via nuget. Then my code can be better insulated from changes in the APIs, simplify token negotiation, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Translator Text API does not translate correctly.

Hello. I hope the translation result of the Translator Text API is improved. An example is shown below.
    1. When translating from Chinese (traditional) to Japanese, "-" disappears. Please keep it as original text.
    2. When translating from Chinese (Traditional), Korean, English to Japanese, the capital letters of the alphabet change to lower case. Please keep it as original text.
    3. When translating from Chinese (traditional) to Japanese, 'JEA' is translated into 'acid rain'. Please keep it as original text.
    4. When translating from Chinese (traditional) to Japanese, ". (Period)" changes to "。" Please keep it as original text.
    5.…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Translator Hub training and deploy takes a long time

Would you please more self-service and short time to training and deploy process using Translator Hub? Especially, we want to understand this behavior at the first phase but it take a couple of day especailly deployment, that stop try and error process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base