Microsoft

How can we improve Translator API?

I found that the translator hub is still using SMT. So I wonder if there is any plan to move it to NMT?

I post these questions as I found the translation quality is poorer when using the hub than only using the base microsoft translator. it now confuses me and I do not know how to choose between the 2 systems. So I think if they can combine together, that would be great

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello cash_ma001,

We’re following up as you indicated interest in neural machine translation and customization. Microsoft Translator announced today the availability of a new customization feature for neural machine translation (NMT): Custom Translator (Preview).

Custom Translator (Preview) offers similar capabilities to what Translator Hub does for Statistical MT but exclusively for NMT systems.
    The new version 3 of Microsoft Translator Text API is required to use Custom Translator.

The supported languages are limited to pairs where NMT languages exist and the list of NMT languages available today can be found on the Microsoft Translator Languages webpage at www.aka.ms/TranslatorLanguages.

The new unified Speech services (Preview), also announced today, offers neural network based customization for speech recognition, translation, and speech synthesis. Learn more at www.aka.ms/AcomSpeech.

Read more about this announcement in the Microsoft Translator blog at www.aka.ms/TranslatorCustomNMTBlog.

Thank you for your interest.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • vishalc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi,

We don't have a public timeline yet. We are working on it and hope to share details soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found that the team is working one moving the hub to NMT. So is there any detailed schedule?

Feedback and Knowledge Base