Microsoft

Translator

Built for business, Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in a global environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Translator:

• Text translation with Translator on Azure
  • Custom Translator
For speech translation, use the Speech service feedback forum

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages

If you have a suggestion for a new language, go to: How do I get my language supported?

Additional support –
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  • Free technical support in Stack Overflow.
  • Free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
  • Signing up for a Translator Text API subscription in the Azure portal.
  • For all other Translator questions, click “Contact us” at the top right of this page.
For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products, please go to Microsoft Translator support.

Attention!

We have moved our Customer Feedback & Ideas for Azure Cognitive Services portal to the Azure Feedback Forum.

Please go to the link below to access our new Feedback and Ideas Page.

1. I can't use translator service

I can't access translator. When I type the Chinese character into the window, then the window replies "The translation service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." Please help me!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

I’m assuming that this is no longer troubled you? Please let me know if it is.

Thanks,
    Luke

2. 1008 - Too many binary messages.

hi
    in some case we are getting 1008 error code on websocket.

in the documentation (http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/speech-translate.html), there are some error codes, like 1001, 1011, but not 1008.

it seems for us that Azure closes the websocket connection, with this error code, in certain cases. the question is why this happens?

thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Translator closes the websocket connection after a period of inactivity. You will want to silently recreate the websocket connection when you receive this error.

That is generally a good thing, because you won’t be charged for the time the connection is not open.

The docs could be better in documenting the techniques for keeping the connection alive and the associated messaging. I’ll see to making that happen.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base