Microsoft

Translator

Built for business, Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in a global environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Translator:

• Text translation with Translator on Azure
  • Custom Translator
For speech translation, use the Speech service feedback forum

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages

If you have a suggestion for a new language, go to: How do I get my language supported?

Additional support –
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  • Free technical support in Stack Overflow.
  • Free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
  • Signing up for a Translator Text API subscription in the Azure portal.
  • For all other Translator questions, click “Contact us” at the top right of this page.
For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products, please go to Microsoft Translator support.

1. Custom Translator - Include baseline translation in downloadable System Test Results

Could you please include the baseline translation in the downloadable System Test Results zip of a Custom Model? That would be very useful.

Of course the user can always get a baseline translation using a Translator API client, but given that Microsoft baseline models may change from one day to the other, one can never be sure if the translations obtained are the same as the ones with which the baseline BLEU score was calculated.

More details:

We make extensive usage of the Custom Translator portal. At the moment we have more than 100 Custom Models. When we train a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Custom Translator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Letter case is not propagated

Translating "Brown / Cow" to (for example FR) returns "Brun/vache".
    Problem 1 is the space around the slash is missing. I puzzled out an undocumented escape sequence that fixes that though: "Brown\ /\ Cow" returns "Brown / vache" so the spaces are kept.

Problem 2 is the letter v in the translation should be Uppercase V and return "Brown / Vache"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Translator & Dictionary

I have uploaded a dictionary and tried to translate particular phrase that's already in dictionary but it seems not working. It being translated overlooking the dictionary.

If I tries to lookup action of dictionary api, it always returns empty result. Any Idea around this?

Here is the lookup result: [{"normalizedSource":"信投国际有限公司","displaySource":"信投国际有限公司","translations":[]}]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Custom Translator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Translator Text API should also return application/json Response Content Type

Currently only application/XML is supported, and many of the other cognitive services have the option to use either xml or json.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Chinese translation with format tags in a doc and HTML

we have a lot of documents with format tag in Office files and HTML files. when we try to to translation and keep format unchanged. But the tags breaks the letters into separate words. for example "时 间“ (time)was translated into "when between", "地 点” was translated into "toPoint". current Word Translation and Office add-in has the same issue.
    it is supper hard for us process the tags from user side. Microsoft please improve this, will be a big quality jump!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Train only monolingual files in the hub

I only have monolingual tmx files and i want to train them can i do that on the hub ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. JSON

Support a modern JSON-based REST API for request/response (no more SOAP/XML, please!)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How can I detect multiple candidate languages?

If I submit Ginea Ekwatorjali, the Maltese name for Equatorial Guinea, it is detected as "eu" = Euskadi. "eu" is not supported but "mt" is.
    Is there or will there or can there be a service which will return the possible candidates for a language code for a given text, so if there is more than one we can pick one that works?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide Sample Java Program to connect Microsoft Azure Text Translation API and get translated text back.

Please, provide the sample java program (e.g. like hello world program) to connect with micro-soft azure text translator and get back my translated text. I have verified in text translator api documentation available in http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html but haven't find any information with respective to Java language.

Early help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Language Detection

Hi, I am currently using Speech API to translate from one language to another language with python.I am getting correct audio output with translated language of the given audio input, But is it necessary to provide from which language we have to translate ?Do Microsoft speech APIs able to detect spoken language automatically ?I have taken help of this API: https://github.com/MicrosoftTranslator/Python-Speech-Translate/blob/master/speech.py

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 专有名词的保留

有很多专有名词是不需要也不应该被翻译的。这些词被翻译会对整个句子造成很大的影响。
    翻译的时候是否应该可以让用户提供 一个 专有名词的列表,让这些词原样保留,而不被翻译. 或者是 对于专有名词有一定的格式,而让机器去智能去过滤处理!
    在很多科技相关的文章中,保留专有名词不被翻译,会大大提高翻译后文章的质量和可读性.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft has made a mistake with the transition to Azure.

Microsoft requires credit card details - even for Azure's free option - which it promises to conserve but never use. Well, no thank you. I never give out my credit card details except in exchange for essentials like groceries and home appliances. So, regretfully, that is the end of my contributions to Microsoft Hub. I will stay with Google Translator Toolkit, which requires nothing from its contributors but their unpaid labor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want a function in excel similar to google sheets = GoogleTranslate - so MS translator can be copied for all rows rather than 1 by 1

I can't find a way to copy the translation down so it performs the same operation for every row in a spreadsheet. You have to do it 1 row at a time following the process to translate. It would be great if a function existed like Google has =GoogleTranslate(cell,"from language","to language") - or am I missing a method to do this? Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Gwenda responded

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re tracking this feature request, but do not yet have an official timeline. Please stay tuned!

Joshua Segeren
    Microsoft Office Team

14. wordbee

Wordbee API

I use Wordbee, an online translation tool. When I choose Microsoft MT to pre-translate the source text, the numbers with brackets (e.g. [12,000] or [1.23]) will be translated into brackets with numbers (e.g., [] 12,000 or [] 1.23). It is so strange. Segments such as [20.2%] will also be translated into [] 20.2%.

I also asked this question a couple of days ago. https://microsofttranslator.uservoice.com/forums/291942-general/suggestions/15815941-wordbee-api

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. HTTP Error 413 on seemingly normal TranslateArray request

I am posting the following XML requests to http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/TranslateArray endpoint

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/juskrey/96Mzr

Which is exactly 349 "Hello" strings in the attempt of translating to French.

Works if we leave only 348 strings..
    Both files are attached to the aforementioned snippet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. api for transliteration from hindi to english

I want an api for transliteration from hindi to english.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Russian language

How do I change the translation to Russian.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base