Microsoft

Translator API

Built for business, Microsoft Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in a global environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Microsoft Translator:

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages

If you have a suggestion for a new language, go to: How do I get my language supported?

Additional support –
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  • Free technical support in Stack Overflow.
  • Free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
  • Signing up for a Microsoft Translator Text API subscription in the Azure portal.
  • For all other Microsoft Translator questions, click “Contact us” at the top right of this page.
For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Presentation Translator; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products, please go to Microsoft Translator support.

1. Request for a NoTranslate tag for publishers

I don't know what category this belongs to and I just picked any old category. This is a general request for a feature for web publishers. It would be a big help if you could establish a standard tag for MS Translator that disallows translation of specific phrases, or offer publishers the ability to provide a translation glossary of some sort.

For example, our organizational name King County can be mistranslated to mean some permutation of "Monarchy County" in some languages -- and we'd like it to default to its real name, as we would with other place names and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can't use translator service

I can't access translator. When I type the Chinese character into the window, then the window replies "The translation service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." Please help me!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

I’m assuming that this is no longer troubled you? Please let me know if it is.

Thanks,
    Luke

3. Use KEY1 instead of AccessToken

Please provide the PHP HTTP Sample with the following updated function which uses the KEY1 instead of AccessToken.

I use it and it works perfectly.

function AzureTranslate($key1, $lang_source='en', $lang_target='fr', $text_to_translate_in_lang_source){

try {
    //Create the authorization Header string.
    //$authHeader = "Authorization: Bearer ". $accessToken;
    $authHeader = "Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key: ". $key1;
    //Set the params.//
    $fromLanguage = $lang_source;
    $toLanguage = $lang_target;
    $inputStr = $text_to_translate_in_lang_source;
    $contentType = 'text/plain';
    $category = 'general';

$params = "text=".urlencode($inputStr)."&to=".$toLanguage."&from=".$fromLanguage."&contentType=".$contentType."&category=".$category;
    $translateUrl = "https://api.microsofttranslator.com/v2/Http.svc/Translate?$params";

//Create the Translator Object.
    $translatorObj = new HTTPTranslator();

//Get the curlResponse.
    $curlResponse = $translatorObj->curlRequest($translateUrl, $authHeader);

//Interprets a string of XML into an object.
    $xmlObj = simplexml_load_string($curlResponse); …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How can I detect multiple candidate languages?

If I submit Ginea Ekwatorjali, the Maltese name for Equatorial Guinea, it is detected as "eu" = Euskadi. "eu" is not supported but "mt" is.
    Is there or will there or can there be a service which will return the possible candidates for a language code for a given text, so if there is more than one we can pick one that works?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide Sample Java Program to connect Microsoft Azure Text Translation API and get translated text back.

Please, provide the sample java program (e.g. like hello world program) to connect with micro-soft azure text translator and get back my translated text. I have verified in text translator api documentation available in http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html but haven't find any information with respective to Java language.

Early help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base