Microsoft

Translator API

Built for business, Microsoft Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in an increasingly globalized business environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Microsoft Translator:
• Text API
• Speech API
• Custom Translator

Note: The new Speech Service and SDK is replacing the Microsoft Translator Speech API, which will no longer work starting October 15, 2019. For information on switching to the Speech Service, see Migrating from the Translator Speech API to the Speech Service.

For questions about unified Speech service, please use the Speech service feedback forum.

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages
If you have a suggestion for a new language or language feature please go to: How do I get my language supported?

Support –
Microsoft Translator Knowledge Base articles
• For free technical support go to Stack Overflow
• For free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
• For all other questions click “Contact us” at the top right of this page

To learn more about getting a subscription to Microsoft Translator through the Azure portal go to Translator getting started.

For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Presentation Translator; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products please go to Microsoft Translator support.

How can we improve Translator API?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Today all the buttons disappeared from translate.bing.com for side-by-side, view original and view translation. You need to bring them back

Today all the buttons disappeared from translate.bing.com for side-by-side, view original and view translation. You need to bring them back NOW.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Translator Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kürtçe dil desteği istiyoruz

Kürtçe dil çevirisi istiyoruz

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support dictionaly only feature for DNN mode

The DNN output improve is so great. The more needed capabilty to use complex business domain is dictionally as customable space. We strongly want to Translator Hub for DNN mode. That's dramatically reduce our manual process for translation workflow.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Translator Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello 李國安,

We’re following up as you indicated interest in neural machine translation and customization. Microsoft Translator announced today the availability of a new customization feature for neural machine translation (NMT): Custom Translator (Preview).

Custom Translator (Preview) offers similar capabilities to what Translator Hub does for Statistical MT but exclusively for NMT systems.
    The new version 3 of Microsoft Translator Text API is required to use Custom Translator.

The supported languages are limited to pairs where NMT languages exist and the list of NMT languages available today can be found on the Microsoft Translator Languages webpage at www.aka.ms/TranslatorLanguages.

The new unified Speech services (Preview), also announced today, offers neural network based customization for speech recognition, translation, and speech synthesis. Learn more at www.aka.ms/AcomSpeech.

Read more about this announcement in the Microsoft Translator blog at www.aka.ms/TranslatorCustomNMTBlog.

Thank you for your interest.

5. Translator Hub training and deploy takes a long time

Would you please more self-service and short time to training and deploy process using Translator Hub? Especially, we want to understand this behavior at the first phase but it take a couple of day especailly deployment, that stop try and error process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Train only monolingual files in the hub

I only have monolingual tmx files and i want to train them can i do that on the hub ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Translator Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft has made a mistake with the transition to Azure.

Microsoft requires credit card details - even for Azure's free option - which it promises to conserve but never use. Well, no thank you. I never give out my credit card details except in exchange for essentials like groceries and home appliances. So, regretfully, that is the end of my contributions to Microsoft Hub. I will stay with Google Translator Toolkit, which requires nothing from its contributors but their unpaid labor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Translator Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Argument exception: Invalid Category , parameter name : ID = 1446.V2_soap.TranslateArray2847FB4F

can anyone help me on below error while translating a file:

Argument exception: Invalid Category , parameter name : ID = 1446.V2_soap.TranslateArray2847FB4F

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hub's sentence alignment issues: punctuation and spatial alignment

Hello,

I am encountering issues with the Translator Hub's sentence alignment tool when uploading parallel documents. In particular, the tool seems to be quite sensitive to punctuation and spatial alignment for the text. For instance, if two independent clauses are written in one sentence and separated by a comma in the source-language version of the document, while they are separated by a semi-colon in the target-language version of the document, the sentence alignment tool registers the semi-colon as a sentence separator, giving a 1:2 sentence ratio for source:target language. While this separation makes grammatical sense, it makes the process of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  v-rvasu responded

For the first issue: the semi-colon is treated as sentence breaker and this is by design. We canÕt change this since it will have a big impact on the system.

For the second issue: this issue is caused by the footnote got inserted between sentences. Ca n you remove footnote before uploading the file?

Thank you
    MT Hub Support

10. When uploading a dictionary for English to French I have the word "H™tel" in the French column. However after I have uploaded the dictionar

When uploading a dictionary for English to French I have the word "H™tel" in the French column. However after I have uploaded the dictionary document I review the upload and see the French is written as "Hotel" and does not include the circumflex over the O. Can this be corrected so that the dictionary entry will return the proper spelling? Perhaps this is just an issue with the display of the entry after uploading but I want to make sure before training+deploying.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Translator Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. could the team gave a android demo like a "Java-Speech-Translate "with eclipse ?

Microsoft Translator is so powerful !but sorry about that not very familiar with android studio_if u team make a eclipse demo would be very grateful~thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Translator Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Blue score

Hello, I have built two translation project one from english to amharic and another from amharic to english using the same sets of data. But the blue score for the first one is 16.6% and for the second one 7%. is the BLUE score a good quality measure of the translation system? And what should be a good BLUE score for a general purpose translator?

Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hub Does not display anything after selecting EVALUATE RESULTS

Hub does not display results of successful training, Eng-ZH-CN, 27,916 aligned sentences

- Training docs were uploaded in TMX format (unzipped)

- Selected auto tuning, testing, no dictionary

- bleu score is 35.25, 8.87 above MS model (business)

- Documents visible from Documents tab

- extracted sentences selectable from System/Training view

- When Evaluate Results selected, 'loading sentences, please wait,' runs about minutes and then returns to blank evaluate results screen

-Downloading Translations does not work either, runs 'Waiting for MS Translator Hub' for 3-4 minutes and then nothing displayed.

Please advise. We are at Bloomberg, and very keen to…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Susan,

We have fixed this issue now.

Thank you

14. Customize system with monolingual data

I created a project to customize Microsoft Translator generic system (from English to Spanish) with in-domain monolingual data (the option "Use Microsoft models" is set to "Yes"). I performed two training runs, one with a training set of approximately 1,5 million monolingual sentences in Spanish and another one without this set. Both runs had the same parallel data: a parallel training set of 1500 sentences, from which 500 were automatically assigned to testing, and a tuning set of 2000 sentences. The Bleu score of both runs were strictly the same, so it seems that the monolingual data were actually not…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Patrik,

If training data is limit is less than 5000 sentences, it ignores the monolingual data (by design). We have opened bug to see if we can improve this experience.

Thank you,
    MT Hub support team

15. Hub January release - the custom dict only training English to Chinese

I tried to use the new feature where we can build a TECH system with the Dictionary only. It seem to work well for system translating form English to Chinese, but fails for the opposite way (Chinese to English). I believe the functionality should be the same as this direction should also contain the MS model. Could you please confirm? Thank you.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tomas,

We have fixed this issue. Can you please retry?

Thank you

16. Customizing system in a category for which a specific system exists

I created a project in the Translator Hub and selected Technology as its category. Since now a specific Microsoft Translator system for this category (tech) exists, if I upload data to train a customized system, will it customize the general Microsoft Translator system or the specific "tech" Microsoft Translator system ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Parallel text files

My Microsoft Translator Hub project is called 'Le Monde Diplomatique'. So far I have uploaded nine pairs of parallel text files in two languages, but the Training screen for my project labels all of them as 'monolingual'. What am I doing wrong?

Mike Leon
    Wellington, New Zealand

-----

Hi Mike,

I suspect there may be a naming convention problem with the files you've uploaded. The naming convention is:

<some name>_<language code>.ext

Where ext is the extension of the file name (e.g., docx, txt, etc.). See the list of language codes in here: https://hub.microsofttranslator.com/Help/Download/Microsoft%20Translator%20Hub%20API%20Guide.pdf

Hope that helps.

Will
    Microsoft Translator

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base