Microsoft

Translator API

Built for business, Microsoft Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in a global environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Microsoft Translator:

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages

If you have a suggestion for a new language, go to: How do I get my language supported?

Additional support –
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  • Free technical support in Stack Overflow.
  • Free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
  • Signing up for a Microsoft Translator Text API subscription in the Azure portal.
  • For all other Microsoft Translator questions, click “Contact us” at the top right of this page.
For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Presentation Translator; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products, please go to Microsoft Translator support.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Custom Translator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. And I had problems with this translator because when I download a language a few days the download is deleted and I have to download it agai

I had problems with this translator because when I download a language a few days the download is deleted and I have to download it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do you have the program's ocx application?

Do you have the program's ocx application? for vb6, or visual net.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Translator support for Sinhalese language

Our sales teams are requesting that our site and content be translated in Sinhalese. We would love seeing support for this language as part of the Translator API including custom translation options for integrating professional translation memories.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. HELP

HELP! I am having trouble with the latest update for Microsoft 365 Office ProPLUS. Before the update, I was able to use Translator for live captioning with no issues. However, ever since the school district update to ProPLUS, I can't see the Subtitle icon under Slide Show ribbon. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide canned alignment for canned translations

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/translator/reference/v3-0-translate#obtain-alignment-information, the user 'will not receive alignment if the sentence is a canned translation. Example of a canned translation is 'This is a test', 'I love you' and other high frequency sentences.'

Could you please be consistent and provide a 'canned alignment' for canned sentences?

Always getting alignment information is quite critical for our integration of the Translator Text API.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. English to modified English grammar

I'm working on a solution to convert between English and textual ASL (i.e. English with different grammar). I've organized the data but the translation pairs are extremely restrictive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wrong automatic language detection with Microsoft Translator

1. I'm using this api to translate text: https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/cognitive-services/translator/reference/v3-0-translate

2. When user key in the keyword "tidak", it gets English as detected language, which is wrong, because there is no such word in English. It is a Malay word which means "No".

3. It is also the same when I tried manually in Bing Translator.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Translating text in Microsoft translator removes //(special chars)

Hello

I have been using cognitive paid service for translating text and I have been facing issue while translating text.

1. When there are // or operators in bold, the // are deleted from the text . This has been observed with Bing translator too.

2. Where there are japanese charachter the service is unable to translate the text. This happens when there are multiple languages and my cognitive service is already choosing the sorce language as auto-detect.

Can you please suggest what can be done in such cases and how can I resolve this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Additional language support for az, hy, **, sq, st, xh, zu

The following additional language support would be appreciated:

Albanian
    Armenian
    Azeri
    Kyrgyz
    Sesotho
    Xhosa
    Zulu

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Issue with EN-FR translation

Hello,

We have had an issue when using the Microsoft Translator Text API for EN-FR translation.

In several instances (but not every instance) where a tag appears in the target (e.g. [1] or [2]) the tag is followed by the text "Je n'ai pas" even though the source doesn't make any mention of this. The random insertion of "Je n'ai pas" next to tags is creating non-sensical translations. We have only noticed this issue today but we have noticed it on a few EN-FR jobs across a range of text types.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. normalization of complete sentences

The dictionary endpoint is translating words, but the translate endpoint doesn't know the word.
    I wanted to ask for 'Flugzeug' but made a typo 'FLugzeug' (capital L). Maybe we can normalize the words in translate as well.

$URLDICTDEEN="https://api-eur.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com/dictionary/lookup?api-version=3.0&from=de&to=en";

$URL
    TRANSDEEN="https://api-eur.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com/translate?api-version=3.0&from=de&to=en";

$TEST="[{'Text': 'FLugzeug'}]" $RESULT=Invoke-RestMethod -Method 'POST' -Headers $HEADERS -ContentType 'application/json; charset=utf-8' -uri $URLDICTDE_EN -Body $TEST $RESULT

normalizedSource displaySource translations

flugzeug Flugzeug {@{normalizedTarget=aircraft; displayTarget=aircraft; posTag=NOUN; confidence=0,99; p...

$TEST="[{'Text': 'Das FLugzeug hat Verspätung'}]"
    PS C:\Users\m2vh> $RESULT=Invoke-RestMethod -Method 'POST' -Headers $HEADERS -ContentType 'application/json; charset=utf-8' -uri $URLTRANSDE_EN -Body $TEST PS C:\Users\m2vh> $RESULT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I just code as your example ,but the translate return the 401000, I put my key in the program, but it still don't work

I put the key like this "subscriptionKey = 'here my key'",but the result is " "message": "The request is not authorized because credentials are missing or invalid."

I don't know what's wrong

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clearly identify special characters that are not supported in translation

When using the translate endpoint, text sent with special characters ends up generating a 400 return with no details as to what input was causing the issue.

So far, I have seen this problem with text containing ®, ™ and a non-breaking space.

It would be nice to either have guidelines on which characters are allowed and which are not (documentation), or to have a debug flag on the service that would allow us to get more information on which characters are failing to be processed so that we can easily work around the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I CAN'T FIND BAHASA INDONESIA

Please add bahasa Indonesia into translator of kindle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please, send a notification and release notes with each new version of the translation engine

We regularly (once a week) monitor the translation outputs of Microsoft Translator API with test set of 500 sentences. We have observed that the translation outputs change quite frequently, but just very seldom we get a notification from Microsoft regarding changes to the translation framework or the translation models that can explain the changes. It would really help to have regular notes with an explanation of what changes and what should be the expectations in the translation differences.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request for a NoTranslate tag for publishers

I don't know what category this belongs to and I just picked any old category. This is a general request for a feature for web publishers. It would be a big help if you could establish a standard tag for MS Translator that disallows translation of specific phrases, or offer publishers the ability to provide a translation glossary of some sort.

For example, our organizational name King County can be mistranslated to mean some permutation of "Monarchy County" in some languages -- and we'd like it to default to its real name, as we would with other place names and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug - Translator Text API 3.0 error to translate documento in Markdown sintaxe

I did some tests with in a simple app that I created, which uses the Translator Text API 3.0.
    But when I try to translate documents with the markdown syntax, the translation return adds spaces between the ###, which results in the text formatting problem.
    I would like to know how to make api ignore these spaces between the #.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG - values from dictionary lookup are incorrect.

I'm using Microsoft's Translator Text API 3.0 dictionary lookup. It successfully provides a response but some of the numerical values are incorrect. It is responding with:

confidence: 0.99, numExamples: 0 and frequencyCount: 0

I'm sure this is incorrect! Here's my question I posted on stackoverflow hoping the 'Mircrosoft Translator' stackoverflow account would reply and help me out:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55934991/incorrect-response-from-microsoft-translator-api-dictionary-lookup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base