Translator

Built for business, Microsoft Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in an increasingly globalized business environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction. We’re proud to be prioritizing new features thanks to you!

Ideas and feedback

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve the Microsoft Translator:
• Speech API
• Text API
• Hub
CTF

The list of languages offered can be found here: http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages
If you have a suggestion for a new language or language feature please go to: How do I get my language supported?

Support

• For free technical support go to Stack Overflow
• For free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
• For all other questions click “Contact us” to the right of this page.

To learn more about getting a subscription to Microsoft Translator through the Azure portal go to Translator getting started.

For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Bing.com/translator; the Translator Web Widget; or other consumer products please go to Microsoft Translator support.

How can we improve Translator?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please show the number of characters used for the free tier translation API.

Currently, the portal doesn't show, for the free tier, the number of characters that have been used per month. If it does, it will help determine when I need to switch using the paid tiers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Support dictionaly only feature for DNN mode

The DNN output improve is so great. The more needed capabilty to use complex business domain is dictionally as customable space. We strongly want to Translator Hub for DNN mode. That's dramatically reduce our manual process for translation workflow.

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make C# client libraries available on nuget, similar to Azure SDKs

I would love to be able to consume C# wrapper libraries for the text api (similar to Azure SDKs for access to blob storage, etc.) via nuget. Then my code can be better insulated from changes in the APIs, simplify token negotiation, etc.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Translator Text API does not translate correctly.

Hello. I translate from Russian into English and noticed a bug:
          1. погода в Гатчине сегодня = weather in London today
          2. погода в Гатчине сейчас = weather in Markham now
          Гатчина is a small town in Russia and it should not be translated. There are a lot of cities where your translater makes such errors. Google translator does not make such mistakes. Thank you.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Translator Text API does not translate correctly.

Hello. I hope the translation result of the Translator Text API is improved. An example is shown below.
            1. When translating from Chinese (traditional) to Japanese, "-" disappears. Please keep it as original text.
            2. When translating from Chinese (Traditional), Korean, English to Japanese, the capital letters of the alphabet change to lower case. Please keep it as original text.
            3. When translating from Chinese (traditional) to Japanese, 'JEA' is translated into 'acid rain'. Please keep it as original text.
            4. When translating from Chinese (traditional) to Japanese, ". (Period)" changes to "。" Please keep it as original text.
            5.…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Translator Hub training and deploy takes a long time

Would you please more self-service and short time to training and deploy process using Translator Hub? Especially, we want to understand this behavior at the first phase but it take a couple of day especailly deployment, that stop try and error process.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • I found that the translator hub is still using SMT. So I wonder if there is any plan to move it to NMT?

I post these questions as I found the translation quality is poorer when using the hub than only using the base microsoft translator. it now confuses me and I do not know how to choose between the 2 systems. So I think if they can combine together, that would be great

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • TranslatorArray CORS support

I got "405 method not allowed" error when try to send POST to /TranslatorArray endpoint

Same question here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b032fed-222d-44af-ae2d-3304651337d7/microsoft-translator-text-api-returns-405-error?forum=DataMarket

const key = 'Bearer ' + valid token;
                  const texts = ["some", "Japanese", "words"];

const response = $.ajax({
                  url: 'http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/TranslateArray',
                  type: 'POST',
                  headers: {
                  'Access-Control-Allow-Origin': '*',
                  },

data: {
                  'appid': key,
                  'texts': texts,
                  'Accept': 'application/xml',
                  'to': 'en',
                  })

console.log(response);

// Got an error, "http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/TranslateArray/ 405 (Method Not Allowed)"

What's wrong here.

Actually, the response contains olny the GET as allowed HTTP method, but the documentation describe I need to send a POST.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Train only monolingual files in the hub

I only have monolingual tmx files and i want to train them can i do that on the hub ?

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • GetTranslationsArray ignores category for returning translations

I've found a bug with GetTranslationsArray.

It accepts a TranslateOptions object, on which you can specify a Category to be used.

An error is correctly thrown if an invalid Category is specified but if a valid category is specified it is *not* used for returning translations and you get the General domain translation returned.

TranslateArray works as expected.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dear Team, I receive a message stating: An error occured while making the HTTP request to https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/soap.svc

Dear Team, I receive a message stating: An error occured while making the HTTP request to https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/soap.svc
                        This could be to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.

I have used MicrosoftTranslator many time before and have not changed anything since using it the last time. Can you think of a possible explanation? Thank you very much. Kind regards, LL

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• translatearrayrequest

Could anyone help me understand this error response?

requestDetails:
                          <translatearrayrequest>
                          <appid/>
                          <from/>
                          <texts>
                          <string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays">Hello%21+World</string>
                          <string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays">This+is+a+test+string.+</string>
                          <string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays">For+example%2C+we+have+translated+some+or+all+of+the+information+on+this+page+with+machine+translation+software+so+some+of+the+translations+may+not+be+entirely+correct</string>
                          </texts>
                          <to>it</to>
                          </translatearrayrequest>

responseCode:400

response:Unable to deserialize XML body with root name 'translatearrayrequest' and root namespace '' (for operation 'TranslateArray' and contract ('LanguageService', 'http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2')) using DataContractSerializer. Ensure that the type corresponding to the XML is added to the known types collection of the service.

uri:https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/TranslateArray

Thank you!
                          Annie

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a documentation bug. The XML of the TranslateArray needs to use the element names exactly as described and in the exact casing (capitalization) as used in the samples.

language-code string-value text/plain int-value string-value string-value string-value string-value language-code
                          • 1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Neural MT: TranslateApiException on Simplified Chinese engine

Hi,
                              we are evaluating the NMT engines and have found that English-> Chinese engine occasionally returns the "TranslateApiException: server temporarily unavailable " error.
                              The source for translation contain no suspicious content apart from some alphanumeric abbreviations. I suspect there might be some transliterization issue in the backround - the same sentence is translated well for European languages.
                              Couldyou please take a look? Thanks.

Some source examples:

The PCM monitors reference voltage deviation from the power supply circuit of the APS1.
                              PCM monitors peak differential value of the oxygen sensor signal after the front HO2S fluctuation being provided .

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the report. We updated the translation models last week. Your examples now translate as:

pcm 监测 APS1 电源电路的参考电压偏差。
                                pcm 在提供前 HO2S 波动后, 监测氧气传感器信号的峰值差值。

Using the following parameters:
                                Console.WriteLine(“Translated: {0}”, translatorService.Translate(token, “The PCM monitors reference voltage deviation from the power supply circuit of the APS1.”, “en”, “zh-Hans”, “text/plain”, “generalnn”, string.Empty));

• Special characters gets encoded after translation

I'm using the text translator api to auto translate text. However some characters could get encoded when comes back from the api, which is surprising. For example, if I need to translate this text "> 12 days" into different languages. "fr" and "es" would encode ">" to "&gt" while "nl", "de" wouldn't change it.

Correct result from en to nl:
                                https://api.microsofttranslator.com/v2/ajax.svc/TranslateArray?appId=%22Tqu9huv-RrHgQf20iMFrVx1L5GOPE22QQHdlrcbnpI8M*%22&texts=[%22%3E+14+days%22]&from=%22%22&to=%22nl%22

Encoded result from en to fr:
                                https://api.microsofttranslator.com/v2/ajax.svc/TranslateArray?appId=%22Tqu9huv-RrHgQf20iMFrVx1L5GOPE22QQHdlrcbnpI8M*%22&texts=[%22%3E+14+days%22]&from=%22%22&to=%22fr%22

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• JSON

Support a modern JSON-based REST API for request/response (no more SOAP/XML, please!)

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 1008 - Too many binary messages.

hi
                                    in some case we are getting 1008 error code on websocket.

in the documentation (http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/speech-translate.html), there are some error codes, like 1001, 1011, but not 1008.

it seems for us that Azure closes the websocket connection, with this error code, in certain cases. the question is why this happens?

thanks

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API - Speech Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Translator closes the websocket connection after a period of inactivity. You will want to silently recreate the websocket connection when you receive this error.

That is generally a good thing, because you won’t be charged for the time the connection is not open.

The docs could be better in documenting the techniques for keeping the connection alive and the associated messaging. I’ll see to making that happen.

Chris Wendt
                                      Microsoft Translator

• Provide Sample Java Program to connect Microsoft Azure Text Translation API and get translated text back.

Please, provide the sample java program (e.g. like hello world program) to connect with micro-soft azure text translator and get back my translated text. I have verified in text translator api documentation available in http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html but haven't find any information with respective to Java language.

Early help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • How can I detect multiple candidate languages?

If I submit Ginea Ekwatorjali, the Maltese name for Equatorial Guinea, it is detected as "eu" = Euskadi. "eu" is not supported but "mt" is.
                                        Is there or will there or can there be a service which will return the possible candidates for a language code for a given text, so if there is more than one we can pick one that works?

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Language Detection

Hi,

I am currently using Speech API to translate from one language to another language with python.

I am getting correct audio output with translated language of the given audio input, But is it necessary to provide from which language we have to translate ?

Do Microsoft speech APIs able to detect spoken language automatically ?

I have taken help of this API: https://github.com/MicrosoftTranslator/Python-Speech-Translate/blob/master/speech.py

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Speech Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base