Translator

Built for business, Microsoft Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in an increasingly globalized business environment.

Use this forum to vote on ideas, report any issues, and get answers to your questions for the Microsoft Translator:

• Speech API
  • Text API
  • Hub
  • CTF

To learn more about getting a subscription to Microsoft Translator through the Azure portal, click here

For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Bing.com/translator; the Translator Web Widget; or other consumer products please click here.

If you have a language-related issue, please click on the appropriate link below:

We really appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction! We’re proud to be prioritizing new features thanks to your feedback.

Microsoft Translator Support

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I found that the translator hub is still using SMT. So I wonder if there is any plan to move it to NMT?

I post these questions as I found the translation quality is poorer when using the hub than only using the base microsoft translator. it now confuses me and I do not know how to choose between the 2 systems. So I think if they can combine together, that would be great

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • ctf

We use Microsoft Translator API in conjunction with the Translator Hub, and the CTF.

After moving to Azure, I can't sign in or access my dashboard (via the widget). Is this deprecated?

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  CTF  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • How to add a Insurance domain category

I wanted translate the "Insurance domain" related documents, but I could not find the same in HUB and if I have chosen "Gneral" then the translation is not as expected. Can you suggest which category will be good for "Insurance".

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Requesting Examples  ·  1 comment  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • how to use MicrosoftDocumentTranslator

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: 对类型“TranslationAssistant.DocumentTranslationInterface.ViewModel.DocumentTranslation”的构造函数执行符合指定的绑定约束的调用时引发了异常。 ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: ArgumentException: Invalid authentication token. Microsoft DataMarket is retired. Please subscribe to Microsoft Translator, in the Cognitive Services section at https://portal.azure.com. Please visit https://cognitive.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1128340-announcements-action-required-before-april-30-20 to find detailed instructions. : ID=1250.V2_Soap.GetLanguagesForTranslate.2C0AA019

Server stack trace:
          在 System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
          在 System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
          在 System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
          在 System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
          在 System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
          在 System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
          在 TranslationAssistant.TranslationServices.Core.TranslatorService.LanguageService.GetLanguagesForTranslate(String appId)
          在 TranslationAssistant.TranslationServices.Core.TranslationServiceFacade.Initialize()
          在 TranslationAssistant.DocumentTranslationInterface.ViewModel.DocumentTranslation..ctor()
          --- 内部异常堆栈跟踪的结尾 ---
          在 System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri) …

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • I want to customize Microsoft Translator (neural) using Microsoft Translator Hub

Hi,
            I have never used a Microsoft Translator hub.
            Can I use Microsoft Translator hub to tune the output of a Microsoft Translator (neural)?
            If you read the next sentence in this URL, you can interpret it that way.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/translatorapi.aspx
            'Microsoft Translator can be customized both pre-publishing, with the Microsoft Translator Hub, and post-publishing, with the Collaborative Translation Framework (CTF).'

Thank you.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Improve documentation for the Hub API

The only documentation I can find for it is: https://hub.microsofttranslator.com/swagger

Unfortunately this isn't very helpful as it doesn't give proper request examples, and the "Try it out" buttons don't work as they require a WorkspaceIdentifierHeader, but don't give a way to enter it.

Is there proper documentation for this API?

Thanks,
              Alex.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Train only monolingual files in the hub

I only have monolingual tmx files and i want to train them can i do that on the hub ?

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Requesting Examples  ·  3 comments  ·  Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • GetTranslationsArray ignores category for returning translations

I've found a bug with GetTranslationsArray.

It accepts a TranslateOptions object, on which you can specify a Category to be used.

An error is correctly thrown if an invalid Category is specified but if a valid category is specified it is *not* used for returning translations and you get the General domain translation returned.

TranslateArray works as expected.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • alternative translations

While trying to translate "Bug" to russian, I get only one option "ошибка". How to get alternative translations, like at https://www.bing.com/translator return? I tried /Translation and /GetTranslations
                    Thanks

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • mixed language detection

Hi ,

What’s the language detection rule for those sentences with mixed language words. Is it just simply counting the number of every language words or any other rule?
                      Thanks

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Cognitive Translation endpoint?

Hello,

I'm in the middle of moving from the depracated api to the new api endpoints. The documentation (http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html#!/default/post_GetLanguageNames) point to using https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc, but using that endpoint the connection is reset (which is expected). However, using https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0 returns a 404. The github examples seem to be out of date.

For example:

https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/GetLanguageNames returns a 404
                        https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/GetLanguageNames resets my connection.

Please advise.

Thanks.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • TranslatorArray CORS support

I got "405 method not allowed" error when try to send POST to /TranslatorArray endpoint

Same question here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b032fed-222d-44af-ae2d-3304651337d7/microsoft-translator-text-api-returns-405-error?forum=DataMarket

const key = 'Bearer ' + valid token;
                          const texts = ["some", "Japanese", "words"];

const response = $.ajax({
                          url: 'http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/TranslateArray',
                          type: 'POST',
                          headers: {
                          'Access-Control-Allow-Origin': '*',
                          },

data: {
                          'appid': key,
                          'texts': texts,
                          'Accept': 'application/xml',
                          'to': 'en',
                          })

console.log(response);

// Got an error, "http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Http.svc/TranslateArray/ 405 (Method Not Allowed)"

What's wrong here.

Actually, the response contains olny the GET as allowed HTTP method, but the documentation describe I need to send a POST.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Azure Metric monitoring grayed

I would like to ask you for a favor – we are now using the MS Translator inside Azure portal and having difficulties displaying the Metric Monitoring report. The problem is that the filtering fields are grayed, so I can’t start to use it. See the snapshot.

According to the https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/monitoring-and-diagnostics/monitoring-supported-metrics, cognitive services should have some basic metric available (see the Microsoft.CognitiveServices/accounts section).

Could you please point me the best way to seek for help?

Thank you,

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for using Microsoft Translator.

We are working on improvements to daily character consumption. We know this is taking longer than expected. We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
                              Gwenda
                              Microsoft Translator Team

• Microsoft "drive-by" Administrators on these so-called support pages

Sorry for being so blunt, but please show me if I am mistaken. But this is what I am seeing:
                              1. User posts a question because s/he cannot find answers in the vague webpages.
                              2. Long wait.
                              3. Occasionally a Microsoft Admin will "drive-by", leaving a link to a vague page, mark the issue as RESOLVED, and drive on, never to return.

That has happened to a number of my serious queries.

If you are seeing the same, please Vote and maybe we can attract the attention of Microsoft. Thanks.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API - Speech Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Phil – We have analyzed what we have done with all the forum posts so far and learned a thing or two about how I collect data and how I “appoint” posts to my colleagues. Please bear with us while we sharpen the process and implement our improvement ideas.
                                Your feedback is much appreciated!
                                Thanks,
                                Gwenda

• hi

can u help me about how to use the text api?
                                I have already register an account.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Microsoft Translate (text) Azure Postal

Hi there,

For the last couple of years I have used Microsoft translate on the Azure Market place. I set it up using the following instructions:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/translation/gettingstarted1/

Am I right in thinking this will no longer work on data market and I need to use Azure portal?

I have signed up to this and added the translation IP, however I need to get a "client ID" and "client secret" how do I replicate this in Azure portal?

Many thanks

Mark

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • About support OS (document translator)

Please , teach me about document translator's support OS.
                                    "Windows 7 proffesional" doesn't work.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Requesting Examples  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Token Request Timeout

Our application has been switched to the Azure platform and is live. Local testing has everything okay. Yet, occasionally in the field we are seeing lots of Request Timeouts when it comes to getting a token from https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken

Our request times out after 30 seconds, and obviously the application fails without receiving a valid token.

This doesn't happen all the time, but often enough for it to be a big issue. Token requests never timed out with the old service, any help on what's going on?

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Requesting Examples  ·  2 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • can you offer me a translation Api for tanslating my site?

can you offer me a translation Api for tanslating my site?

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base