Microsoft

Translator Text

Built for business, Microsoft Translator is a proven, customizable, and scalable solution for automatic translation. Microsoft Translator’s cloud-based APIs can help make your business or app competitive in a global environment.

We appreciate feedback and use it to guide our product direction, thanks to you!

Use this forum to give feedback or share your ideas on how we can improve Microsoft Translator:

The list of supported languages can be found at http://aka.ms/translatorlanguages

If you have a suggestion for a new language, go to: How do I get my language supported?

Additional support –
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  • Free technical support in Stack Overflow.
  • Free Azure subscription and billing support go to Azure and select “Support” from the menu bar.
  • Signing up for a Microsoft Translator Text API subscription in the Azure portal.
  • For all other Microsoft Translator questions, click “Contact us” at the top right of this page.
For support with the Microsoft Translator apps for Windows, iOS, and Android; the Microsoft Translator Edge extension; Presentation Translator; Bing.com/translator; or other consumer products, please go to Microsoft Translator support.

1. Do not translate/convert punctuation into Chinese characters

I think this is a bug. The v3 API shouldn't translate/convert punctuation into Chinese characters when translating en to zh. For example (http://abc.com) becomes (http://abc.com), which ruins the markdown syntax.
    It should leave the punctuation as is or at least add a parameter in the API for users to decide.

I know there is a class=notranslation but that's not flexible for plain text and adds complexity as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Translator API tiers

While developing my Edge Browser extension (https://github.com/LexSwed/edge-translate) I noticed that there is no way to use the API by a browser extension due to not being able to make authorized requests without exposing a Subscription Key. Is it possible to somehow use a specific browser's API key or logged in the browser user's one?
    Otherwise, is it possible to get no restrictions free tier since the extension is developed specifically for Edge browser and uses Microsoft service? For example if the extension can pass the quality threshold or something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translator on Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. traditional chinese

The languages API shows me the Azure does not support Traditional Chinese in Dictionary class, could you support this part? or when ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do you support active learning?

Is there a feedback loop for retraining when translations are incorrect?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Translator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable fuzzy search for dictionary lookup

It will be great to have an option for fuzzy search to find the misspelled words by users. If API was called by the word "boks" for lookup from English, we will receive fuzzy results, which will include "books", instead of zero results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Avoid modifying GUIDs

In a few language pairs, text that is formatted as a GUID (hex characters separated by dashes) sometimes return changed. This is particularly the case for language pairs that have different number formatting, like Chinese and some Indian languages. We have added GUID detection on our side, but it would be nice if the API didn't make it necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Anrede - Einstellung für Sie und Du

Ich vermisse in der Übersetzung von Deutsch zu Französisch die Möglichkeit, eine generelle Einstellung auf die Anrede Du beziehungsweise Sie vornehmen zu können. Der Text wird fast immer in der Sie-Form übersetzt, so dass es keine korrekte Anrede ist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Translation Support for Kannada Language

Hi,

There a good number of Kannada Language content users and i'd love to see the addition of Kannada Language (kn) in the translation service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text cleaning

How much text cleaning is necessary? Should we leave the punctuation in as-is or we should clean them? How much cleaning? Maybe a couple of examples would be good. This is regarding English and Japanese.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. F0 plan not allowed to deploy model

Sorry but I cannot realize what the point is if training is allowed in F0 plan but deploy and using the model is prohibited. May I know what can I do with just training the model? Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. And I had problems with this translator because when I download a language a few days the download is deleted and I have to download it agai

I had problems with this translator because when I download a language a few days the download is deleted and I have to download it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Do you have the program's ocx application?

Do you have the program's ocx application? for vb6, or visual net.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Translator support for Sinhalese language

Our sales teams are requesting that our site and content be translated in Sinhalese. We would love seeing support for this language as part of the Translator API including custom translation options for integrating professional translation memories.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. HELP

HELP! I am having trouble with the latest update for Microsoft 365 Office ProPLUS. Before the update, I was able to use Translator for live captioning with no issues. However, ever since the school district update to ProPLUS, I can't see the Subtitle icon under Slide Show ribbon. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide canned alignment for canned translations

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/translator/reference/v3-0-translate#obtain-alignment-information, the user 'will not receive alignment if the sentence is a canned translation. Example of a canned translation is 'This is a test', 'I love you' and other high frequency sentences.'

Could you please be consistent and provide a 'canned alignment' for canned sentences?

Always getting alignment information is quite critical for our integration of the Translator Text API.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. English to modified English grammar

I'm working on a solution to convert between English and textual ASL (i.e. English with different grammar). I've organized the data but the translation pairs are extremely restrictive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wrong automatic language detection with Microsoft Translator

1. I'm using this api to translate text: https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/cognitive-services/translator/reference/v3-0-translate

2. When user key in the keyword "tidak", it gets English as detected language, which is wrong, because there is no such word in English. It is a Malay word which means "No".

3. It is also the same when I tried manually in Bing Translator.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API - Text Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base