Microsoft

Speaker Recognition

Welcome to the Speaker Recognition Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Speaker Recognition API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Process speaker identification immediately for short audio samples

First off, this is an awesome API that I would love to use in my app. The big problem I have, though, is that it's not really usable for real-time, low latency identification from short samples because:
    1. The asynchronous callback method requires me to make constant polls to the operation result endpoint, which takes (from my measurement) about 1200ms in the ideal case, whereas I would really prefer results within 400-500 ms.

1. Each poll on the operation status costs me QPS, which triggers throttling if I poll to often

I would propose the following change to the speaker identification…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Speaker Identification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to reduce response time for identification requests?

When testing in python, each identification request would take eight to nine seconds to get a response. Is this due to the Internet or the identification model processing itself would take that long? And is there any way to get a response faster? Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Speaker Identification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speaker Identication Apis

Operation status api always return status failed and message Speaker Invalid, please give the solution to this problem. audio are recorded exactly same as specifies the document.

{"status":"failed","createdDateTime":"2018-05-25T09:07:19.4685571Z","lastActionDateTime":"2018-05-25T09:07:20.3782489Z","message":"SpeakerInvalid"}

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Solution to many of your APIs

Rather than offer the APIs at Microsoft, then send the user to GitHub, then hope the user can follow the various installation processes/steps, simply allow the user to download directly from Microsoft and include the newly generated key in the downloadable source code. This way, you control the entire process and don't have to worry about unzipping, npm installs, key issues etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for italian on speaker recognition api

Please add the italian language. Thanks for your support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Handle if the voice match is 100% or very close to 100%. This is to avoid some one using the prerecorded audio of others

Microsoft Speaker Identification should handle, if the voice match is 100% or very close to 100%. This could happen if some one has the voice recordings of others and trying to authenticate or verify.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

We have plans for a new verification feature that prompts customers with random verification phrases to be robust against replay attacks.

Thanks,
    Luke

7. Real time Speaker Recognition

Hello, Is it possible to use the Speaker Recognition API to perform real time identification.I have been trying to get some help on this. But with not much success.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Speaker Identification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. API in C# for Web. Near-Real time audio samples. Examples?

I would like to build a service to authenticate thru the web. Hopefully in C#, without trying to translate from Python. And are there any more examples. Anyone?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chinese zh-CH Language support for Speaker recognition

Chinese zh-CH Language support for Speaker recognition

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Marking as completed because we now support speaker identification in Chinese.

10. Speaker Recognition with shorter limited recording time

Is it possible that we can reduce the recording time when we use speaker recognition to confirm the identity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Speaker Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Raymond responded

We have release a new feature that allows you to waive the audio limit. Just add “ShortAudio” parameter to instruct the service to waive the recommended minimum audio limit needed for enrollment. Set value to “true” to force enrollment using any audio length.

More details can be found here,
    - https://dev.projectoxford.ai/docs/services/563309b6778daf02acc0a508/operations/5645c3271984551c84ec6797
    - https://dev.projectoxford.ai/docs/services/563309b6778daf02acc0a508/operations/5645c523778daf217c292592

11. Speaker diarization for more than 2 speakers

Speaker diarization for more than 2 speakers.

See this one: https://cognitive.uservoice.com/forums/555925-speaker-recognition/suggestions/34823824-add-support-for-speaker-diarization-for-untrained

I dont feel this should be marked as resolved. Would expect support for at least 10 speakers. Additionally its currently really poor and switches between speaker 1 and 2 almost randomly. Please make this more intelligent. Its a deal breaker for us and I'm sure many others. Especially considering the google alternative can handle unlimited speakers and is far more accurate at identifying them.

https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text/docs/multiple-voices

And no... expecting a sample to train it for each voice is not an option. We literally just need it to assign a number…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Profile Limit

The REFERENCE API: https://westus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/563309b6778daf02acc0a508/operations/5645c068e597ed22ec38f42e
    indicates that you can only create up to 1000 profiles, that is, only 1000 people can interact with my application? What happens if I need 1 or 2 million people? Is there any update about this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Speaker Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Korean language support for Speaker recognition

Please support Korean speaker recognition. I would like to support Korean.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add support for Danish language

I know Denmark is a small country, but there are still a need for support in Danish

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there any option for verify Audio without verificationProfileId?

I wanna create a login functionality with speaker recognition for multiple user in single device. It's mean user can login every-where using web Portal like as face recognition(findSimilar(persistent id)).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Speaker Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When will speaker recognition be geo-available?

Takes too long to recognize the speaker due to Azure service being on different coast. Is this still an issue? Or do we now have servers in more locations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is still an issue, but we are working on making the service geo-available.

Thanks,
    Luke

18. Support Japanese language

there are customers in Japan waiting for support of Japanese.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We have plans to release this for Speaker Identification in a future release.

Thanks,
    Luke

19. speaker recognition should also support hindi language

we are working on project but only it supports en-us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is it possible to run Microsoft speaker recognition Windows WPF application into Raspberry pi?

I was try to run Microsoft speaker recognition windows WPF application into raspberry pi but I have face problem. When I was try to run this application in local machine it's work good but when I was try to run this application to remote machine I did not find out any remote machine option in visual studio software.

The sample is a Windows WPF application to demonstrate the use of Speaker Recognition API. It demonstrates the speaker identification and speaker verification features.

This is my application sample that I was run into local machine: https://github.com/Microsoft/Cognitive-SpeakerRecognition-Windows

My question: why this problem…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Speaker Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base