Microsoft

Text Analytics

Welcome to the Text Analytics Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Text Analytics API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Analytics not working as expected if the text contains 'case ('

Interestingly the exact phrase 'case (' seem to crash the api.

"This is the case (case 1)." - fail.
    "This is the case." - pass.
    "These are the cases (case 1 and 2)." pass.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Does the key phrase functionality allow words to be singularised from a plural or changed from past tense to present tense in an automated

Currently, when using the key phrase extraction to count where IT issues are logged, phrases like "Service" and "Services", "Project" and "Projects", "Business" and "Businesses", etc all show up as separate phrases. However, we would like these plural phrases to be listed and counted as singular phrases so the single & plural instances of the phrase are all grouped & counted together. Is this something that would be possible?
    (similarly, being able to recognise and group togethre a past tense word into the present tense - i.e. "Pay" & "Paid" - would be a useful feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Re-train the key phrases

It would be helpful if we allow user to white list the words by saying "good" or "bad" ( feedback) after key phrase extraction and feed responses back to the system to learn(ML).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we expect the "Custom KeyPhrase extraction" API?

Can we expect the "Custom KeyPhrase extraction" API from Azure like "Custom Vision" API in some time in near future?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hints for key phrases to improve extraction on small texts

As mentioned in the guides, Key phrase extraction works best when you give it bigger chunks of text to work on. This means that the same text results in different sets of key phrases when it is part of a larger dataset and when it is submitted as a single record.

It would be helpful, if we have the option of also including a set of key phrases (or as mentioned in other idea submissions - custom keywords or vocabulary) so that the results are better and consistent even when the API is dealing with small chunks of text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add synonym features to text analysis

Add synonym functionality to improve usefulness of key phrase extraction. When trying to extract key themes from large amounts of text supplied from different authors (e.g. customer feedback), often they will use different words to describe the same theme. Right now it's hard to group words without understanding the relationship with synonyms.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add our own words

Requirement: Add our own words for key phrase identification.

Background: I want to use text analytics for identification of key phrases from sentence entered by user for search.

In order to provide more relevant search result I need to extract key phrases and pass it to our search services.

Dilemma: My all users are from Engineering background and tries to search Engineering equipments or some tools/techniques either using exact keywords or short forms.

I tried to use Text Analytics Demo for getting real-time results as expected, but no luck.
    Its failing to achieve such scenarios.

Is there any provision where…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see a better semantic understanding of Dutch language constructs

I pushed this phrase to the api:

"Aangezien ik niet meer werk ben ik op zoek naar mensen in mijn omgeving om doordeweeks dingen mee te ondernemen, nieuwe input te ervaren. "

English: Since I am no longer working, I am looking for people in my area to do stuff with, to experience new input.

The returned key phrases include:
    - "meer werk"

This is wrong, because the wordt 'niet' clearly indicates that the subject has stopped working, while the API suggests 'more work'

I'm trying to map the meaning of text to a domain ontology I created, in which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Linguistic Analysis features (part of speech tagging, tokenizing, etc)

Add features to Text Analytics to identify the concepts and actions in your text with part-of-speech tagging, and find phrases and concepts using natural language parsers and tokenizers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow addition of custom vocabulary to improve keyword detection

For example the keywords "Intramolecular", "ionic", "covalent", "intermolecular" are not currently recognized.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The keywords detection and contextual awareness should get better

Below statement is classified as 91%(positive) but the statement is highly negative

please provide email address or higher managements so we can contact them directly - as customer support is just lying - false promising on my refund

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Key phrase for Office document on Text Analytics API

I want to use the Key phrase in our Office document for analyzing.
    Exce, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote.

Analyze scenario:
    Which key phrase used in each departments.
    Which key phrase used in each projects.
    Which key phrase used in well referencing documents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base