Microsoft

Text Analytics

Welcome to the Text Analytics Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Text Analytics API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. rectify service name

In the "Analyze recorded inbound customer calls" section under Text Analytics API refers to "Text-to-Speech" rather than "Speech-to-Text".

can you please validate and rectify?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FISMA

I consult to a government agency. We work with petabytes of data on multiple sources of data internal to the agency. We need to do an Entity recognition that can determine when mixing data sources, the data does not go to a High, Classified or Sensitive level from a lower level (Low, Moderate, unclassified).

This is similar to the PII NER looking for bank account numbers, SS#s etc. However, the review of mixed data in Key Phrases, should respond what FISMA level via confidence level the row of data is, or the column of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Entity Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Te reo Maori

Te Reo Maori does not appear to be detected correctly. For example, the phrase
    "I tū ai te pakanga i waenga i a Kupe rātou ko ōna toa me te wheke nui a Muturangi i te pito whakarunga o Te Waipounamu. I Te Whanganui-a-Tara kē āna tamariki rātou ko tāna wahine me ētahi atu o te whānau e noho ana. He whakaemi kai tā rātau mahi kia noho haumaru hoki rātau, nā te mōhio o Kupe ka wehi tonu te pakanga i te moana."

Returns as Albanian (sq)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sentiment is turned off in my apps

I see that in my apps, the sentiment analysis has been turned off. Why is this? How can I turn it back on? There are no longer any switches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sentiment Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Entity Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. scanned documents OCR

In case of scanned documents, If you can recognize the type of document at least among the most commonly used ones e.g. CVS, Walgreen pharmacy drug labels based on pre well defined formats , It would be much better OCR returned!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Entity Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the requirement for documents to have periods

For the documents I process, they frequently leave out periods from sentences.
    This results in a "key sentence" that is sometimes the entire document or most of the document, when submitted for processing to Azure.
    If there are periods it works great, otherwise fails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sentiment Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improving accuracy in Named Entity Recognition

Hi

I currently work with a Fintech start-up and we run into a compliance requirements to remove personal names from a bunch of texts.

We resorted to looking into Azure ML and yes, it appears promising by delivering a c. 80% accuracy in screening out individual names.

Yet - it's not perfect. We have a database of hundreds of thousands of verified names and can contribute if needed.

It would be grateful if we will be approached by a Microsoft person and we can share this database if see fit. trust the wealth of data we have would greatly improve…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Entity Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text Analytics not working as expected if the text contains 'case ('

Interestingly the exact phrase 'case (' seem to crash the api.

"This is the case (case 1)." - fail.
    "This is the case." - pass.
    "These are the cases (case 1 and 2)." pass.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Key Phrase Extraction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sentiment is turned off in my apps

I see that in my apps, the sentiment analysis has been turned off. Why is this? How can I turn it back on? There are no longer any switches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add clarification of sentiment algorithm being absolute or relative

I would suggest to add some clarification on how the sentiment analysis algorithm processes the data.

For example, are the returned scores absolute meaning they are deterministic for the same backing model or are the scores relative to the other content/data in the given request. Meaning this particular document is more positive or negative than the other documents in the request.

Likewise for sentences of the document.

The reason this is important to me is that I'm running into the document limits (only allows 10) and wondering if I create a larger artificial document which is really combined data, then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Container Image for Named Entity Recognition (NER)

There are container images for 3 services currently; one of them is key phrase extraction, but that is not nearly as powerful as NER. It would be great to have NER also come in a container for running on-prem without having to send the actual data to Azure.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support Thai language

Please support Thai language I would like to try sentiment analytics on local website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix your home page

Put in 5000 characters (or a bit less) and see the 403 error (in console): https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/cognitive-services/text-analytics/#features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offer a plain Javascript REST API Quick Start guide

The existing Quick Start guide for Javascript has a dependency on Require which has a dependency on Node. Offer a plain Javascript guide using Javascript's built in fetch() method which has no dependencies. There is a working example (sans key) here: https://github.com/bofrank/text-analytics-js or the attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can we extend text analytics API for general text classification, instead of just sentiment analysis?

Can we extend text analytics API for general text classification, instead of just sentiment analysis?
    e.g. From customer chat information can we predict if the incoming request is an escalation of general inquiry
    OR
    news category classification - business news/ sports news/ politics etc.

Thanks,
    Azured

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How we can calculate sentiment for large documens? (more than 5120 characters)

We are trying to analyze a large document (more than 5120 characters). We don't know how to calculate the overall sentiment score of the entire document.
    Let imagine we have a document with 5200 characters. So we can split it into two chunks( first with 5120 characters and the second is 80 characters) and the overall score calculates as an average of two documents. But this approach is not right because the second smaller document with 80 characters can dramatically affect the result.
    What are your suggestions?
    How we should split and calculate the overall score?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add support for word classification

I would like to have a single word classification or the entire sentence.

Example Input: "I have mastered the advanced technique"

Example Output:
    "I" -> noun
    "have" -> auxiliary verb, verb
    "mastered" -> verb
    "the" -> article
    "advanced" -> adjective
    "technique" -> noun

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why input is required strictly in JSON format?

Any thoughts why this isn't simplified for the most common use cases? I have txt/docx/pdf/image file as input and all the complexities or converting to structured format should be abstracted away from user. Isn't this a very common use case that you have several unstructured or different types of files present in blob containers, let the API crawls through it and present its results. Similar to what Azure Search does? Also, why don't you unify these services, meaning the text analytics in Azure ML recognizes only 3 NER types, whereas Azure cognitive services recognizes more. Shouldn't this all be internally…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base