Microsoft

Text Analytics API

Welcome to the Text Analytics API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Text Analytics API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make four APIs as one please

In this experiment(https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/text-analytics/), it can accept text and output a JSON with sentiment, keyPhrases, detected languages and identified entities. Which is good.

But actually, there's no such single API at all. There are 4 individual APIs for sentiment, keyPhrases, detected languages and identified entities.

Can we offer an uniform API to do what exactly the experiment do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi Language Text Analysis

Work with local people to provide support for local language, or exclusive partner to develop multi language text analytics API. I am looking for a hybrid approach where there is no need to translate but can detect language on real-time by having prioritisation of language used, even if the language used are mixed (max mixture of 2 languages in a sentence/dialogue)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reporting a major bug in Azure cognitive-services/text-analytics

I was using the text analysis service API by Azure & found many major flaws : (The API is not mature enough to handle simple real life sentences correctly).
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/text-analytics/?v=18.05
    Below are few sample sentences which I used & the result was absolutely wrong.

1. I have many ways to not give you the expected grades
    2. There are many ways to not give you the desired grade
    3. How could you not understand what I said
    4. We have attempted to launch your course in a new window, but a popup blocker is preventing from opening it -> this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Intermittently unavailable

For the past two months, when I have tried to call the APIs, I have not been able to access the resource. When I check the resource health in Azure, it's unavailable. This happened with the text analytics service in both of our Azure accounts. Last month this seems to have resolved on it's own and we never heard back from Azure about our support request. I tend to go in to run a bunch of transactions in the final days before our monthly allotment resets, and this really throws a wrench in that!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. detecting Sarcasm

Doesn't get sarcasm. It thought "What a fantastic meal. Not." was positive. Fair enough I suppose!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How similar are two text be?

I have two paragraphs (or stories which is longer content). Is there any way to analyze how similar are they which resulted in score? Suppose that score near 1 is more similar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you enable CORS for your text sentiment analytics?

Got my key and I'm calling "https://westus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/text/analytics/v2.0/sentiment?"
    to get some text analyzed, but CORS is not enabled on your end. Can you turn it on please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base