Microsoft

Language Understanding (LUIS)

Welcome to the LUIS API Forum

(Language Understanding Intelligent Service)

Categories

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

luis.ai WebApp – Ideas and suggestions for luis.ai and functionality used through the WebApp.

Programmatic API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to LUIS programmatic API.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a tutorial/sample or a SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. there is a problem with pages number

I don't have as many as 5 pages of apps while the '5' showed on the page bottom. And it notices me that there is no app when I click '5' page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  luis.ai WebApp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dialogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. builtin entities in CompositeEntities must have as much info as in Entities

Entries in composite entities must include all the information in the normal entities. All the way down to resolution->subtype-value

Consider the following luis response : https://gist.github.com/rurounijones/ab1859ef11035619ecee3e474a817b90

In the composite entities we see two numbers with roles "element" and the values are "one" and "two"... now I don't want that, I want the actual numerical value since these are builtin.number as can be seen from the entities list.

However I have no access to this in the compositeEntities, nor do I have any way of mapping the composite entity member to the entity member.

In short, I have no way to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Entities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Intent length too short at 50 character. Should be 256 or 1024. Maybe have metadata option.

LUIS is great but we would like more information passed back with our intents. Why so stingy with length of Intent (at 50)? How about 256 or 1024?? Also it would be great if we could store more information with the intent like some metadata so we don't always need to maintain outside storage

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Terraform Provider for Authoring

Hi, I'd like to see an official terraform provider for the Luis authoring API.

I have put together something that works for us now.

https://github.com/Crazedpeanut/terraform-provider-luis

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. show invalid azure resource for deleting

When an azure resource becomes invalid (e.g. deleted), it will not be shown in portal (via debugging in console, I found it will result a '404: ResourceGroupNotFound') and will prevent remaining ones from showing up.

Why not shown it as an invalid one for us to delete? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MORE HUMAN ANALYSIS OF SPEACHERS RECORDED

without a human support for interpreting and analysing a hided or coded sentence or phrase ,you will never reach an acurate and precise interpretation for a compounded speach on live or recorded .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Predict Api should allow multiple sentences

As of now i can send single sentence as input to Predict API. There should be a way to send a batch of sentences and get corresponding intent of each sentence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programmatic API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prebuilt Entity PersonName for italian language

I wonder if in future the prebuilt entity personName will be available in italian language. I notice that this entity works very well also for Italian name inside an english sentence. I tested this in a LUIS Project in english language.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: Problems (at least) with German Characters in the Application Import API

If I want to use Special Characters like ö,ä,ü and ß in the text of my Utterances and the Applications Culture Settings on de-de I will get the Error-Message:
    {
    error: {

code: BadArgument,

message: Failed to parse application json. Parameter name: applicationJsonString

}
    }

It just works sometimes when I use the Special Characters in the last few Utterance-Text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programmatic API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. To add a descriptor, select the + in the Descriptors for Size area, then select Create new phrase list.

Phrase list cannot be added to sub-component of an entity, for example in the LUIS tutorial to add the descriptor for Size entity that is part of Order entity, the following instruction does not work.
    to add a descriptor, select the + in the Descriptors for Size area, then select Create new phrase list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phrase Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set priority in Patterns

I am using pattern recognition to catch entities with a variable size. Here are situation that i am trying to catch

1- {entity1} (has| had| have) [the] {entity2}

2.1- {entity1} (has| had| have) the {entity2}

2.2- {entity1} (has| had| have) {entity2}

i tried the 1 pattern or the 2.1 and 2.2 at the same time.
    The problem is that when i enter: "Person have the properties"

the entity2 is marked as "the properties" instead of just "properties"
    It would be nice to have a way to set priority in the patterns to avoid this problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. nested intents

Consider the following scenario. I have two intents:

1) add-task "add task [Task]"
    2) assign-task "assign it to [Person]".

I would like to enable the utterance "add task clean break room and assign it to Jim"

Of course this can be done today either directly in the intent or through entities but not in a dynamic fashion. What if I want an additional intent:
    3) complete-task "complete it"

This would require n^2 permutations for every nestable intent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug : Cannot generate C# code from schema version 6

apps created using preview.luis.ai will have schema version 6, when exporting the app as JSON in order to generate the C# class, LUISGen cannot generate C# code anymore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bot Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. luis.ai page login screen should wait and accept login id from user

luis.ai page login screen should accepting login id from me. Currently it uses my office login id automatically and logs-in. I could not use my personal login id.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide Version number & Summary of changes in the new version

We suggest Microsoft to provide Azure version at the top right corner near feedback icon so that we would be aware. Also suggest the provide a summary of changes made in the new version when we click on the version number. This helps us to know whether our application affects or not. Also, provide steps to upgrade our application to latest version and instruct the changes we need to do in our application. Because many times I face my application fails due to the new changes either in Azure/LUIS/QnAMaker. Due to this our delivery gets impacted. We do not expect…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Review endpoint utterances" would be much more useful if we can filter out on intent (I don't need those where intent is above 0.9)

"Review endpoint utterances" would be much more useful if we can filter out on intent (I don't need those where intent is above 0.9).
    Another thing is to show a larger list rather than just ten at a time. It's very cumbersome right now to try to go through everything. If this is not possible to increase, then another idea is a button to 'delete all and load more'. Right now 'load more' will put those ten back into the mix and still bring them up later. It's really slow to delete one by one as they each need confirmation…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To create Dispatch LUIS we need a GUI in LUIS.ai

To create Dispatch LUIS we need a GUI in LUIS.ai itself so that it would be more user friendly than the CLI command "npm i -g botdispatch". Also, if there is any errors we can easily understand with friendly messages. I faced an issue recently while executing the above command and raised it in Microsoft community. I used latest nodejs (v12.13.1) and npm (v6.12.1) on Win10 Enterprise OS.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/843a38db-85b1-4a7e-a08a-7d2687dff170/is-there-dispatch-web-tool-for-integrating-luis-and-qna?forum=AzureCognitiveService

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Switching directories in the Preview portal does not work

On clicking any directories listed in the directories for my user account, nothing happens. I can see a 400 error when viewing in the web debug console

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base