Microsoft

Language Understanding (LUIS)

Welcome to the LUIS API Forum

(Language Understanding Intelligent Service)

Categories

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

luis.ai WebApp – Ideas and suggestions for luis.ai and functionality used through the WebApp.

Programmatic API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to LUIS programmatic API.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a tutorial/sample or a SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Link to LUIS Site in Documentaion

On the Create an app page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/luis/luis-how-to-start-new-app) the link to the LUIS site goes to the documentation site for region and keys instead the expected LUIS service site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. explicit list.

in "Patterns improve prediction accuracy", It said, "add 'the man from la mancha' as an explicit list match for the {subject} entity using the authoring API for explicit list."
    But I can't find the API for explicit list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trying to create a LUIS API endpoint by following the instructions in the docs. However, I am unable to do so without a paid Azure

Trying to create a LUIS API endpoint by following the instructions in the docs. However, I am unable to do so without a paid Azure subscription even though it is advertised that there are a certain amount of API hits available for free. Am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

One endpoint is created by default, which you can find on the Keys and Endpoints page. After you publish your application you can use that endpoint. If an error occurs during publishing, please open a ticket and we can investigate further.

Thanks,
    Luke

4. Wrong flow in website

Hi, this is the offending page URL: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/language-understanding-intelligent-service/
    There are a number of scenarios, like Information Chatbot, etc. At least in the first two scenarios, flow steps and numbers on the diagram do not seem to match. I happen to notice that first because I read the same scenarios in another page: https://dev.botframework.com/
    On that page the diagrams are slightly different, but the flow is the same and the numbers on diagram are consistent.
    As an example of wrong numbering on LUIS home page, compare its Information Chatbot diagram with the one from Bot Framework page:
    number 7 should be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LUIS Best Training Practise

Explain how to train LUIS to get best results. Explain how several features work in the background.

For example how exactly work phrases? Do they work like simple Regex or "contains" statements or do they train more sentences based on values in background?

A good example of why this is needed is attached. The LUIS app was trained and published at 15:13. The sentence "telegram account löschen" was a labeled utterance for an intent called "DeleteTelegramAccountIntent". There is also a phrase list containing the words "telegram" and "account".

Nevertheless, LUIS matched the exact same sentence to the wrong intent, but…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

In the beginning of May, for Microsoft Build, LUIS will enable an analytics dashboard.

We will also provide a walk-through of how LUIS works when you create a new application.

For information about phrase lists, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/luis/luis-concept-feature.

If you are running into the situation where the same exact utterance is returning different results, please open a ticket and we will investigate.

Thanks,
    Luke

6. Document guidance on how to use pre built entities

I'm confused about how to use pre-built entities.

Rather than having an entity simply labeled as number (which seems like having a variable called int), it seems more helpful to have it as part of a custom entity.

Like in the utterance:
    I would like [2 cokes] and [3 lemonades].

So you could create an entity drink which had number as one of its children. Is this how it should work, or a good idea?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Document limitations on regex. The current documentation does not specify exact limits

Document limitations on regex. The current documentation just says "exceptionally complex regexes are not permitted". I tried a list of 18 words, but that was too long.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base