Microsoft

Language Understanding (LUIS)

Welcome to the LUIS API Forum

(Language Understanding Intelligent Service)

Categories

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

luis.ai WebApp – Ideas and suggestions for luis.ai and functionality used through the WebApp.

Programmatic API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to LUIS programmatic API.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a tutorial/sample or a SDK provided.

Attention!

We have moved our Customer Feedback & Ideas for Azure Cognitive Services portal to the Azure Feedback Forum.

Please go to the link below to access our new Feedback and Ideas Page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Persistence of Batch Test Screen

When I got to batch test my document sets, I see the results in the scatter graph, but when I come back say a day later it looks like I am forced to rerun the batch test. Is there a way to persist these scatter graphs? I have a similar request on this forum to export these results in text format.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  luis.ai WebApp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

We are currently working on some batch testing APIs, and are working on adding support to the UI as well. The results would be available as JSON.

Thanks,
    Luke

2. Export Results from Batch Test Screen

While it is great to have the scatter graph to visualize the errors, it is far more effect to have say a csv file where I can quickly view the same information. Can you please allow export of the test results (in text format) so that they can be analyzed faster?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  luis.ai WebApp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We are currently working on some batch testing APIs, and are working on adding support to the UI as well. The results would be available as JSON.

Thanks,
    Luke

3. Improve usability of Review Endpoint Utterances page

The Review Endpoint Utterances process is slow and tedious, because it is so difficult of find the intent with the list ordered by confidence level. 3 Improvements would help

1. Allow the list of intents dropdown to be sorted by intent name

2. Allow the intents dropdown to be expanded so the entire intent name can be viewed

3. Allow auto-completion to select the intent you want in the list

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  luis.ai WebApp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow entering number of utterances to view per page

Only 10 or so utterances are shown per page.

To better review or delete utterances, it would be great to have a control to select the number of items per page, e.g. 10, 50, 100 or ALL.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Support for this is planned for a future release.

Thanks,
    Luke

5. Preprocessing - Stemming and Lemmatization

LUIS gives different scores for "book ticket" and "book tickets". Rather than adding all possible utternace variations, if options stemming and lemmatization can be supported then it can reduce the training burdon.
    Or if LUIS is handling this kind of situation internally then please suggest

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Run all in batch testing panel

I have a batch test for each intent and when I make changes I want to run them all and ensure they are all still accurate.

When you go through the list and start clicking the list order changes around on you and its like playing whack a mole. If I sort by size first I can avoid the whack a mole issue but there really should just be a run all button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is currently planned for a future release.

Thanks,
    Luke

7. Show Intent name and Score separately in a utterance row.

Show Intent name and Score separately in a utterance row.

It would be really useful if LUIS separately shows the intent name and score in a utterance row. Because when I put a long name for a intent I cannot see its score. No other way to check it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

The utterance table is being revamped to make it more user friendly.

Thanks,
    Luke

8. Allow Adding Multiple Owners to LUIS app

I can add multiple collaborator but my requirement is to allow other User to MANAGE the LUIS app for which I am the owner.
    as a Collaborator another user can do same thing which i can do as an owner
    Can i add Similar role (owner) for other user too?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration/Ownership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Again more information:

Have you tried adding owners by allowing another user access to the LUIS resource.

In the future, LUIS will migrate the key experience to be managed under Azure, and all LUIS apps will be resources tied to subscriptions.

We will also be enabling role-based access, so different users that have access to the resource can have different privileges, including app-owner privileges.

Thanks,
    Luke

9. My Apps page: add owner name for apps I am not the owner of (collaborator)

We use separate accounts for our development, demo and production luis apps. The apps have the same name in each account but are in slightly different stages of the development cycle.
    As collaborator on all apps in all 3 accounts it is close to impossible to distinguish the apps on the "My Apps" page.

We suggest to add the owner name to the app name (if I am not the owner) or group the apps by owner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are currently investigating support for this in a future release.

Thanks,
    Luke

10. Enhance LUIS API with Batch Delete for examples

It is possible to delete only single example with LUIS API today (2018-02-20) https://westus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/5890b47c39e2bb17b84a55ff/operations/5890b47c39e2bb052c5b9c0b.

One-by-one deletion may take a lot of time to process.

It takes too long to sync-up my local changes with LUIS today.

Would be great to have a Batch Delete. Would be even better to merge Add and Delete operations into a single batch.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programmatic API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We will add batch deleting to our backlog.

Thanks,
    Luke

11. LUIS API - ability to remove all utterances for particular intent.

Our dev team is using LUIS API to generate utterances from database.

Ofter we find issues in our utterances and we need to remove all utterances and re-generate them again. To delete utterances we're using this API: https://westus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/5890b47c39e2bb17b84a55ff/operations/5890b47c39e2bb052c5b9c0b

if we have 2000 utterances in one intent, we need to make 2000 requests to LUIS API. we would like to remove all utterances in one API call. Or at least remove them by chunks, 100 utterances at a time. This will speed up our process.

Please add utterance batch delete API.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow adding/removing owners, not just collaborators

Currently it's possible to add collaborators to work on the model itself, but collaborators do not have all the same abilities as the model owner. In a business context it is often necessary for multiple people to be the owner and have the ability to change who the collaborators are, or to deal with people moving in and out of the organization.

Please add an ability to add/remove owners, not just collaborators.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration/Ownership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Again more information:

Have you tried adding owners by allowing another user access to the LUIS resource.

In the future, LUIS will migrate the key experience to be managed under Azure, and all LUIS apps will be resources tied to subscriptions.

We will also be enabling role-based access, so different users that have access to the resource can have different privileges, including app-owner privileges.

Thanks,
    Luke

13. LUIS - Add support for English regional formats

I'm requesting support for regional English formats such as UK English (en-UK) and Australian English (en-AU). I'm in particular need for the regional date formats such as DD-MM-YYYY in DatetimeV2 rather than the en-US only format of MM-DD-YYYY.

Additional format requests in descending order of importance include regional variations for Money, Phone number and Temperature.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add don't delete service rights choice for collaborator

collaborator is great to easy work for v-team.
    But we want to ensure each individual expert don't confuse it to ensure ability of manage in service app only. Today collaborator can delete LUIS app. We want to ensure only join LUIS app without delete rights to avoid miss-operation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration/Ownership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. LUIS Best Training Practise

Explain how to train LUIS to get best results. Explain how several features work in the background.

For example how exactly work phrases? Do they work like simple Regex or "contains" statements or do they train more sentences based on values in background?

A good example of why this is needed is attached. The LUIS app was trained and published at 15:13. The sentence "telegram account löschen" was a labeled utterance for an intent called "DeleteTelegramAccountIntent". There is also a phrase list containing the words "telegram" and "account".

Nevertheless, LUIS matched the exact same sentence to the wrong intent, but…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

In the beginning of May, for Microsoft Build, LUIS will enable an analytics dashboard.

We will also provide a walk-through of how LUIS works when you create a new application.

For information about phrase lists, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/luis/luis-concept-feature.

If you are running into the situation where the same exact utterance is returning different results, please open a ticket and we will investigate.

Thanks,
    Luke

16. Unable to label hierarchical children in composite entity, just the parent.

Currently, when LABELing (not creating) composite entities, only the parent entity can be labeled and not it's children, Thus, when the result is sent back, only the parent entity shows and not the children.

For example, if I have a composite entity {1 large soda}, for soda.. i should be able to pick a specific child entity such as a soda name and the it should be sent back in the result.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programmatic API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

In the future, Roles will replaces hierarchical entities. Roles will be able to be extended to all entity types, and you will be able to label the specific entity with a role as a child to the composite entity.

Thanks,
    Luke

17. deeper nesting of composite entities

It would be very useful to have the ability to have composite entities that can contain other composite entities.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Entities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is currently planned for a future release.

Thanks,
    Luke

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base