Microsoft

Language Understanding (LUIS)

Welcome to the LUIS API Forum

(Language Understanding Intelligent Service)

Categories

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

luis.ai WebApp – Ideas and suggestions for luis.ai and functionality used through the WebApp.

Programmatic API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to LUIS programmatic API.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a tutorial/sample or a SDK provided.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Testing Panel Inspect function

In the Inspect function in the Testing Panel, previously you could see the top 10 intents returned plus their scores. This information has now been removed but was useful to check the clarity of the intent to ensure there are no potential overlapping intents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Testing panel history

When using the testing panel, previously if you trained your model then used the test panel again, you could see your previous questions asked. In the new version released this week, the test panel is cleared once you train, so you need to type question again, very frustrating!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When editing an utterance / delete button deletes whole utterance

When editing an utterance, if you use the delete button to delete a letter/word from an utterance, LUIS thinks you want the delete the whole utterance

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. LUIS dashboard "Overall predictions"-chart wrong?

In the dashboard there's some data about prediction.
    We move a model from different models through DTAP.
    These models can go from 99% to 0% and from 0% to 99%.

When you click on one of the intents under "Incorrect predictions" you get to the intent's utterances.
    These all have pretty good scores and the "Nearest Intent" column is filled with -1.00 values.
    Enclosed are two screenshots edited together to show my steps and confusion.

I was wondering if there's something funky going on with maybe absolute values being compared to formulate the data in the dashboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Line Breaks in Example Utterances

I'm trying to add support for subjects. Subjects almost always look like this:

"##Subject Text
    Not subject text"

However, because there's no support for line breaks in example utterances, I can't easily teach the bot using Machine Learning. I was able to work around this by using regex, but that's not a solution that always works.

I would like it if Utterances supported the ability to have line breaks during training.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Possibility to remove all utterances in one time on 'Review endpoint utterances'

It's not possible to delete all utterances in 'Review endpoint utterances'. You can only do this one by one. This is not working for me, because I've >5000 utterances in 'Review endpoint utterances'.

So add the possibility to remove all utterances under Review endpoint utterances in once.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Utterances accents and punctuation marks validation

I have been working side by side with Partners and Customers in LATAM and I have seen a lot of confusion using utterances in Spanish with the accents and punctuation marks such as the period, question mark, exclamation point, comma, semicolon, colon, dash, hyphen, parentheses, brackets, braces, apostrophe, quotation marks, and ellipsis.

I have seen Alexa Developer Console prevents this kind of characters in some way it reduces the possible errors generated during the training steps.

Is it possible to add a validation directly to the LUIS portal in the Utterances field to prevent and normalize the way training should…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Utterance Limit Reported When I have 0 Utterances in my Application

BadArgument: The number of examples per application version cannot exceed the limit 15000. This is what I get when I try to add new utterances (examples) to an intent. The version of the app I am using has 0 utterances currently. I have repeatedly added and deleted intents, utterances and entities programmatically in the past, but I don't think that utterances I have deleted should count. Shouldn't I be allowed to add new utterances?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eliminate the effect of question mark in utterance

The effect of question mark in utterance prediction should be eliminated, because not all customers write proper questions with question mark, commas, and so on..

example: I write the exact question with (?) gives different intent prediction than the same question without (?)

I don't understand why (?) has this big impact on the prediction

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

Punctuation no longer has any effect in training or predicting.

Thanks,
    Luke

10. Preprocessing - Stemming and Lemmatization

LUIS gives different scores for "book ticket" and "book tickets". Rather than adding all possible utternace variations, if options stemming and lemmatization can be supported then it can reduce the training burdon.
    Or if LUIS is handling this kind of situation internally then please suggest

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow placeholders in utterances

Allow placeholders in utterances to facilitate a persons name (as with creating Patterns)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. LUIS always returning "None" intent for OmniChannel keyword.

I have utterance with "What Is OmniChannel Commerce Really?" and labelled Omni-channel entity with list type to OmniChannel keyword, when I search with hole utterance "What Is OmniChannel Commerce Really?", LUIS returning intent and entity correctly but when I search with keyword "OmniChannel", its returning "None" intent instead of actual intent, this is happening only with "OmniChannel" keyword.

Any idea?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: Increasing the length of utterance with garbage value increases the score

Adding any special character to the trailing, leading or in between words or junk or irrelevant text leads to very high score intent. It seems the length of the sentence is directly proportional to the score , can you please explain?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. LUIS API - ability to remove all utterances for particular intent.

Our dev team is using LUIS API to generate utterances from database.

Ofter we find issues in our utterances and we need to remove all utterances and re-generate them again. To delete utterances we're using this API: https://westus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/5890b47c39e2bb17b84a55ff/operations/5890b47c39e2bb052c5b9c0b

if we have 2000 utterances in one intent, we need to make 2000 requests to LUIS API. we would like to remove all utterances in one API call. Or at least remove them by chunks, 100 utterances at a time. This will speed up our process.

Please add utterance batch delete API.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Utterances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support long sentence as Utterances

Classification to Long sentence like documents are so hard today. We sometime need to simply do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base