Microsoft

Language Understanding (LUIS)

Welcome to the LUIS API Forum

(Language Understanding Intelligent Service)

Categories

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

luis.ai WebApp – Ideas and suggestions for luis.ai and functionality used through the WebApp.

Programmatic API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to LUIS programmatic API.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a tutorial/sample or a SDK provided.

Attention!

We have moved our Customer Feedback & Ideas for Azure Cognitive Services portal to the Azure Feedback Forum.

Please go to the link below to access our new Feedback and Ideas Page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DateTimeV2 entity should handle duration for preposition "in"

When using dateTimeV2 to get a duration if the datetime is found to be "in 20 minutes" it does not have a duration and creates a timex for DateTime.Now + 20 minutes.

It would be nice to have a duration calculated here as well so someone could create a timer application that allowed you to tell the service "remind me to do something in 20 minutes"

This would help to make a timer virtual assistant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Entities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How is 'true' a personName?

LUIS prebuilt entities seem to be buggy.
    It takes words like 'true' or 'nah' as personName entity.
    Hope the issue will be resolved soon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Entities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why does Asia not come under the GeographyV2 prebuilt entity

All the other continents seem to be recognised in the GeographyV2 prebuilt entity but Asia is missing in your list. Considering it's the biggest continent on Earth, that's a pretty bad oversight!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Entities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why does Asia not come under the GeographyV2 prebuilt entity

All the other continents seem to be recognised in the GeographyV2 prebuilt entity but Asia is missing in your list. Considering it's the biggest continent on Earth, that's a pretty bad oversight!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make complete entity names visible to get a quick overview in the list of utterances.

When looking at the list of utterances of an intent I can not read the complete entity name under the entity values. Only by hovering over the entity value with my mouse, I get a tag where I can read the complete entity name. This way (hovering over one by one) I do not have an overview of all labeled entities (and roles). Hovering over every entity value one by one is far too time consuming.
    Only the entity names under long entity values are completely readible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Entity/ML Features for Dispatch Apps

We have multiple apps which we combine in a DispatchApp - with the new features, you can assign entities/phrase lists to certain intents (which works fine).

Problem: when an utterance comes in and gets checked on the Dispatch-level, the non-global entities/features don't get used by LUIS, which is bad for the overall prediction accuracy, because the Dispatch App only takes global features into account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using personName PreBuilt entity seems to have problems with utterance "List my cases" finding cases as persons name

Using personName PreBuilt entity seems to have problems with utterance "List my cases" finding cases as persons name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. geographyV2 should recognize US states

geographyV2 should recognize US states.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prebuilt Entity PersonName for Spanish

It would seriously improve your offering for the Spanish market to have a prebuilt Person Name entity for the Spanish language.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Entities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. builtin entities in CompositeEntities must have as much info as in Entities

Entries in composite entities must include all the information in the normal entities. All the way down to resolution->subtype-value

Consider the following luis response : https://gist.github.com/rurounijones/ab1859ef11035619ecee3e474a817b90

In the composite entities we see two numbers with roles "element" and the values are "one" and "two"... now I don't want that, I want the actual numerical value since these are builtin.number as can be seen from the entities list.

However I have no access to this in the compositeEntities, nor do I have any way of mapping the composite entity member to the entity member.

In short, I have no way to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG:In chinese version,"上个季度"which means “last quarter” can be recognized as a "datetimeV2" prebuilt entity.

BUG:In Chinese version,"上个季度"which means “last quarter” can be recognized as a "datetimeV2" prebuilt entity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug. Luis fails to find personName entity if the name is also a location

Choose a pattern that involves a {personName}, e.g. one from the calendar app;
    ^does {personName} have time at {Calendar.StartTime}

If you enter the utterance of "does george smith have time at 12:00am" then everything works as expected. However, if you change the last name to be a city, then it fails to match. E.g. "does george washington have time at 12:00am" then it fails to find the name (and can fail to match the pattern).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Machine Learned Placeholders

Right now it is not possible to train a simple utterance like:

'I want {this} with {that}.'
    ...and then retrieve anything in the place for {this} or {that} without phraselists or lists.

Simple use case:
    Recognizing a Village or Streetname or proprietory vocabulary... You do not want LUIS to recognize them and fail but rather provide the placeholders (reliably) so that you can look up in an existing lookup database.

Right now, if LUIS does not recognize an Entity it returns nothing...
    Thus in order to find {this} and {that} one has to parse the utterance again, re-engineering the location…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Domain entities are repeating the same mistakes as Amazon and Alexa .. you cannot have twenty five thousand ways to turn [things] on and off

Langauage needs to retrieve the intents and intelligence needs to udnerstand the action ... endless domain entities are a huge mistake. You don't want to code the way you say cancel -- 1000's ways to each domain. It makes no sense. It is not conversational. We are fixing this -- but at the moment since Microsoft is charging for LUIS we cannot share with the group .. but will in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Malaysia's states in geographyV2 entity

Hi, I would like to request for complete Malaysia's States in geographyV2 as some of them are missing.

For example:

1. How's the weather in Johor -> Can get Johor as geographyV2

2. How's the weather in Sabah? -> Cannot get Sabah as geographyV2

Original URL: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/33226

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to overwrite list and prebuilt entities with simple entity

I have a simple entity PersonNames which is unable to pick up names that automatically map to a prebuilt entity ie: Matilda Thu. The Thu is registered as "Thursday". As such, Luis will never pick up this person's last name. I need to be able to overwrite the value of automatically tagged entities in utterances to properly train my PersonName entity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unnecessary space in analyzed entity value

When LUIS takes more than 2 words in an entity, it returns result with unnecessary blank (in our language). It happens even trained without blank.
    It happens in Japanese, and it's assumed to happen to other languages too (Chinese, Korean,etc).

Here attached sample case,
    - trained app without blank (BurgerShopBot201906)
    - got response (BurgerShopBot201906_response)

"チーズバーガー" (cheese burger) is analyzed as "チーズ_バーガー" with unnecessary blank, which is assumed as LUIS analyzed 2 words : "チーズ"(cheese) and "バーガー"(burger). This app is trained "チーズバーガー" as an entity without blank (no word breaker blank).

We use our local language (Japanese) we don't use blank…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Places.Destination / GeographV2 Builtin

Why did Places.Destination get deprecated? That worked great for mapping a variety of locations to an entity. The GeographyV2 entity only recognized well known places. You cannot map a small city like west chester PA to a geography entity. So you are forced to make a simple entity that will work for all location formats (New York City / Albany NY / 19431 / Missouri / Philadelphia Pennsylvania etc.). Now it says that GeographyV2 is also getting deprecated and it won't even break the entity into .city, .state, .region. What a drag. Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow unlabelling of recognized entities in utterances.

When an entity is recognized and labelled in an utterance, we should be able to unlabel it so that LUIS does not pass it through as a recognised entity.

This is important as you might have a phrase that is an entity in one scenario, but is not in another scenario. Currently the entity is just recognised and passed on from LUIS in every scenario.

As an example, see this Stack Overflow post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54226528/how-to-remove-luis-entity-marker-from-utterance

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

Prebuilt entities are exact matches from a list of regular expressions.

If you are unable to label something because it is labelled, remove the prebuilt entity, add the label, and then add the prebuilt entity again.

Thanks,
    Luke

20. Improve datetimeV2 date range understanding

When using the datetimeV2 entity, the phrase "from april to may" returns a date range of 4/01 - 5/01. However the phrase "from april through may" returns the same date range. It would make more sense if the latter returned 4/01 - 5/31

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base