Microsoft

Bing Speech

Welcome to the Bing Speech Forum

The Cognitive Service's Speech Service is replacing Bing Speech. Please refer to their forum for speech product feedback

Categories

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Requests – Let us know if you would like to see a tutorial or sample provided.

Speech to Text – API & SDK – Ideas and feature requests to Speech Recognition and Speech to Text (STT).

Text to Speech – Ideas and feature requests for Text to Speech (TTS) – API only

1. Please give more detail in curl command

in the steps, it says Replace yourinstanceid, yourrequestid, yourlocale, yourdevice_os in accordance to your own application.
    But there is no explanation of those variables, what are those? how can i get them? what does it mean "your own application"?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support speech to text for long interview / meeting recordings

I'm working on a podcast with my friends and we do lots of interviews. I'd like to use the speech-to-text API to convert the recordings to transcripts to make post-editing easier. However, there is a limit of the input audio file size, less than 14 seconds, according to the documentation.

This feature would also be useful to generate transcripts of meeting recordings for searching.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve noise reduction so speech to text translation is accurate

Per your helpdesk (REG116092614718982): At the moment, our models are not able to handle noise and hence the transcription results are inaccurate.

This results in the following scenario:

Actual recording:
    Hi Agostino, this is Chris with Oracle. I sent you a couple of emails and just wanted to check to see if they were at all relevant to you. If you could please give me a call back or respond to one of those emails, my number is 512XXXXXXX. Thanks a lot Agostino.

Response from Bing Speech API:
    I could get a couple emails do you please give me a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BOTS: AUDIO TO TEXT

Would be great is you could use via a URL. I'm doing bots on Facebook Messenger. Facebook provides the developer the .mp4 audio URL. Would be great to send this direct to the API. It is a pain, to download, then convert, then send to API. Too slow for chat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. rest api returning numbers like before

Before I could use a web api, sending a wav saying "Option 3" and it returned ok with numbers. Now it returns "Option three". I had to move using a web socket in order to use the property that it supposed to five numbers. In some cases, in spanish, i get the number giver in letters. Also, I had to wait an async call. The rest api usage was better for me. So, my idea would be to have the rest api, with the 4 different responses (1 of this responses is the given for numbers).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Equivalent propositions generator

Especially using text-to-speech I feel the lack of an engine (and the related APIs) to produce equivalent phrases. Given a sentence, and some parameters, we should be able to receive a collection of equivalent propositions and in the same language of the source sentence. Of course the service could evolve from one language to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text to Speech - API Only  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyword Spotting or HotWord "Hey Cortana"

A big missing feature of SaaS speech recognition is offline Keyword Spotting or HotWord like "Hey Cortana, Ok Google" to capture audio and send it to Oxford.

So company like Nuance have a SDK with that. CMUSphinx have an implementation. Would be so great to have something from Microsoft.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bing Speech API: support multiple audio formats

Please add support of other audio formats like ogg, aac.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Speech API / Speaker Verification working together

It would be nice to combine Speech Text with Speaker Verification. The Goal : Extract a text from a specific speaker :-)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Modify Speech Recognition API to allow continuous speech

I need a functionality that when a user click on START button, it will start and continue the Speech Recognition until user hit on STOP button.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Language Support: Turkey tr-TR

Will there be an expansion in supportted languages? Is there a plan about Turkish language

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Javascript sample for Bing Speech API raises some issues:

The sample should enable selecting between shortPhrase or longDictation. However the pull down menu opens only the shortPhrase option..
    Further, changing the sample file 'whatstheweatherlike.wav' contents (keeping the same filename) does not result in a changed reply - it is still 'what is the weather like?' which is a bit strange..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HIPAA compliance

Make the Speech to Text data HIPAA compliant so sensitive client information can be spoken and converted to text.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. iOS STT Needs to be faster

Based on my test, MS iOS STT is slower than Nuance's SpeechToText iOS service.

I installed the MS iOS STT sample project and the Nuance iOS sample project on the same iPhone. Then I spoke to both apps the same sentence - "What's the date today". It took 3+ seconds for Nuance's app to return the right answer. However it took 5+ seconds for MS iOS to return the answer.

I hope that MS can improve the performance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add Czech and Slovak languages.

It would be great to use API, but Slovak nor Czech languages are available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get a recognition result from a set of possible answers

I would like to be able to get a recognition result from a set of possible words.
    I have a list of products or people names which can be used in specific contexts.
    It would be great to constrain the results from these lists.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Speech to Text - API & SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text to Phoneme

Provide text to phoneme capability to the API, on top of only the speech output.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Text to Speech - API Only  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Raspberry PI use speech API sample?

I want use speech api in my rasberry PI 2. How I can do it?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add NodeJS examples on GitHup for Bing Speech APIs

The Bing speech recognition is excellent in comparing its accuracy to other NLP services and adding examples to GitHub is great but many developers use non-MSFT environments to build their apps. Please add a clean, Node.js example. Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base