Microsoft

Face

Welcome to the Face Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Face API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

1. Evitar Fraudes através do Reconhecimento Facial

É possível detectar ou evitar a utilização de uma foto do rosto (foto armazenada em um celular por exemplo). O objetivo seria para evitar a utilização da Face de uma outra pessoa para obter acesso a um determinado local, ou ainda registrar o ponto dessa pessoa, fraudando assim o processo?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emotion API

Per the Emotion API page: "The Emotion API will be deprecated on February 15, 2019. The emotion recognition capability is now generally available as part of the Face API."

Well, I don't see anything about emotions on the Face API documentation. I've spent the past few weeks working on a project that utilizes the Emotion API and what's here doesn't even come close to covering what I need. Is it hidden? Is it planned?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More information on confidence scores

I am struggling to find more information on the confidence levels being used with face API and what and how 0.5 was arrived at for the IsIdentical. Presumably this was set after lots of testing of images for accuracy. I would like to know if there is anymore information on how likely it would be to get a 0.5 for two faces and for them to not be of the same person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. js code samples

1.9.0/jquery.min.js does not work, but v3.3.1 ok

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add additional facial features so that the age detected is more appropriate even with different angles.

Basically, we demoed the Intelligent kiosk at an event and it wasn't accurate at all when it came to predicting the age.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Police - Face API

Police project. Where we need Offline SDK. Read the following scenario.

1. Police Rugged Tablet (no wifi, no sim, no internet allowed)

2. Police team every morning uploads Face/Eye, 4 factor login details for that day of Police field work

3. Police field worker on that day, pickup there rugged tablet in the morning (which were refilled on an daily basis)

4. Police field worker team now on field, login with our software. Which has 4 factor secured login requirement.

factor1) Police Software checks Police eye/face (Microsoft Face API). If OK move to factor 2
    factor2) Police Software checks his Barcode/QR code. If OK…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Face API: retention

We use Microsoft Cognitive Services an send photos of our customers to Face API. In the Online Service Terms we found the "Microsoft Cognitive Services" section which has the "Inactive Cognitive Services Configurations and Custom Models" paragraph with the following contents: "For the purposes of data retention and deletion, a Cognitive Services configuration or custom model that has been inactive may at Microsoft’s discretion be treated as an Online Service for which the Customer’s subscription has expired. A configuration or custom model is inactive if for 90 days (1) no calls are made to it; (2) it has not been…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Detect Emotion with Face API for android studio

When we try to recover the emotions of faces on a picture, is not possible. We can recover faceAttributes.smile but not faceAttributes.emotion. I saw that in C# or Java we can do it but with android studio it's not possible. How can I recover that information please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cabello ojos colores

Cabello ojos colores con deteccion suptecnologico preseleccionando no completo lo suficiente app
    En tipo de cabello
    Si no es igual ami que ni aparezca

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1000 face

Basically, I want to add 1000+ faces in the single "FaceList" instead of creating 64 different face lists.

I will have more than 10,000+ users be added in a group. Then want ot use "Find Similar" API with all my photos in the same "FaceList".

How can I achieve this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pure java sdk

Would be great if a pure java sdk would be available e.g. via maven. It is already available in the Android package and can be extracted from the aar. Why not provide the jar files itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Samples & SDK requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add support for video that would work just like the emotion API.

This is currently unusable for video at a decent framerate because of pricing, and the complexity of doing things frame by frame. Why not support video just like the Emotion API? Also, bonus points for allowing us to pipe output of the Face API into the Emotion API to cut down on processing time, if that's plausible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a few more face landmarks for the top and the bottom of the face, to derive dimensions and locations of landmarks relative to the face

Add a few more face landmarks that will detail the top and the bottom of the face. In other words, if I want to derive that someone's mouth is 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of their face or that their eyes are 1/3 of the way down, it would be great if the API exposed additional landmarks that would provide me the entire face's relative dimensions to be able to "layout" a person's facial features with relative x/Y coordinates. Or... is the rectangle precise enough for this - my testing doesn't seem to indicate that the rectangle…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Possibility to retrieve the image for a faceid

To manage groups and faces in groups it would be really nice if it would be possible to retrieve the image for a faceId. Currently if you want to edit a group you have to know on the client which id is which face.

Regards,
    Jochen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  ryangal responded

this is best tracked in the application logic as the service may not use the image at full resolution

17. What value I can fill on targetFace option?

Question 1: Maybe 2 sentences are contradictory. Can someone explaine for me?
    "targetFace" rectangle should contain one face. Zero or multiple faces will be regarded as an error.
    If there is more than one face in the image, targetFace is required to specify which face to add. No targetFace means there is only one face detected in the entire image.

Question 2: What value I can fill on targetFace option?
    targetFace is required to specify which face to add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How can I find that person and quickly?

I get a faceId from Face - Detect then I get a personId from Face - Identify. Finaly, I get the name of that person from LargePersonGroup Person - Get. It is a happy case. But in case, I do not know largePersonGroupId and total of my LargepersonGroup and person per LargepersonGroup are maximun. How can I find that person and quickly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Face Api Exception

I am trying to use your sample WPF application. When I choose a local image for detection, I get this annoying exception as below.
    "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
    I attached the screenshot including stacktrace.
    I suppose there is/are some major issue(s) you need to fix! (DetectAsync(fStream,...)) Thx.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add migration path for different detection and recognition models

As it stands currently, it is very cumbersome and onerous to migrate from 1 detection/recognition model to another when we have live customer data already.

This works easy enough for a new customer as all of their data will be at the detection/recognition model that you specify.

However, for existing customers, we will have existing facelists and persongroups already with data in it, and short of reprocessing ALL the face data, we don't really have a viable way to migrate to the new models.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base