Microsoft

Computer Vision

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OCR does not recognize isolated numbers

Whenever I send an image like the attached one, I only get the words REV back but not the number 1 that's under it. More unique number shapes like 2, 3, 4, etc. are usually recognized but the number 1 is rarely recognized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve single-character recognition

Single characters are having a very tough time being recognized, even in the most optimal conditions for OCR (shown in the attached PDF). Also attached is a text view of how the content gets OCR-ed.

I saw that this is a recognized problem in a few ideas from a couple of years ago, but I was wondering if any progress was made in fixing this known problem.

Functionally, this provides issues with OCR-ing tables that have a "Quantity" or any other amount less than 10.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Custom/Sample Images  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Local container only supports English, no Traditional Chinese support.

Please consider add Traditional Chinese into support list of local container.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  On-Premises Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not able detect all the character accuratly with Printed API

I am trying to upload the identity proof and trying to verify with the user input. Some characters are replaced with other characters. like 1 is replaced with 7 ... so the date of birth will change..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide OCR for Machine Readable Zone

Right Now, OCR can't detect MRZ on documents like photo Id or passport. Get this information is a 'must' for many applications that need to verify legal documents

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Single Character recognition

All I'm trying to recognize is single letters. Such as S, M, L, XL and so forth. Why is Microsoft's OCR unable to recognize these characters?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base