Microsoft

Computer Vision API

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

How can we improve Computer Vision API?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add German Umlaute and ß to the Computer Vision API

Hello,

i'm using the handwriting recognition of the Computer Vision API to describe certain german documents. therefore i'm in need of the umlaute aswell as the ß sign. are there any plans on supporting this? sadly the localizable ocr results are not accurate enough.

Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to extract only text.

ocr api I want to get only the text recognized as a result. What should I do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. RecognizeText(Printed) is not recognizing the pound symbol (£)

I have many cases of pictures of texts where one can find a pound sign (£) but the sign is NEVER correctly recognized by Azure Cognitive Services RecognizeText API, as far as I tested. Other symbols, like the dollar sign ($) for example, are identified without problems.

I made tests with print screens of texts containing £, since these should be easy for the OCR tool to convert, and again the pound sign is not correctly identified (it becomes an f, a 2, a 1, a $ etc).

I am suspecting that the pound sign is not included in the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Response should contain column and row indices

Why should I have to calculate row and column indices? You're processing this data and know those numbers exactly. This data is far more valuable (at least to me) than your IList<int> of 1 -> n integers (bounding boxes) - that itself could use some reorganization. I'm testing out the big 3 OCR engines - Amazon, Google and Azure - Azure so far has the best scan results, but the poorest return object IMO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The PDF coordinate system needs some work

The Read api (https://westus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/5adf991815e1060e6355ad44/operations/2afb498089f74080d7ef85eb) does not handle PDF word coordinates correctly.

Did not see a way to report the bug on the API page, so I am reporting it here.

I am sending it a 8.5x11 page and getting coordinates in inches that are outside the box.

The width is marked as 10.9833 and height as 8.4567, however it is getting words outside that box:

When I print the coordinates to the page some documents are spot on the the x coordinate, but roughly half as far down the page…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve accuracy for combination of numbers and special characters

When i try to detect license number from image of pattern 12/234232/3454, the slash symbol is recognized as 1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Not able detect all the character accuratly with Printed API

I am trying to upload the identity proof and trying to verify with the user input. Some characters are replaced with other characters. like 1 is replaced with 7 ... so the date of birth will change..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Extract table data from image with table structure

The main purpose of this idea is to take the table structure out of the image when the user selects a part of the image.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Choose to detect printed text or handwritten text

It would be great if we can specify a parameter for OCR to just read printed or handwritten text. In the case of scanned documents it would improve the accuracy and reduce the API's workload.
    It would also make it easier to visualize the detection and read/check the accuracy of large batches of tests

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability detect checkboxes or radio buttons to OCR and Handwritten text

I've successfully been able to use vision to extract handwritten text out of fixed forms by knowing the coordinates of each form field. However many of my forms have checkboxes and/or radio buttons that the users will be filling in with pen. It doesn't seem that vision has a way to detect this type of content.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [API] Is it possible for Computer Vision API - v2.0 /OCR to return also a font/font size along text and bounding rectangle?

In the OCR API from Computer Vision API - v2.0, for every word I get the text and the bounding rectangle. Would it be posible to also get the font type and optionally font size/other parameters?
    Usage scenario: overlay new text over the old one, for example live translate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pattern definition

We have some standard forms that are in handwritten format but the pattern of the text is always the same (I think this can apply to a large number of scenarios). Allowing the handwritten recognizer to be configured with a expected pattern via a simple regex could improve a lot of scenarios.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OCR Failures

1. I'm getting no regions back from about half of the of images I submit for recognition in the attached example file.

2. On full document scans, I often see the returned json resembling this:
    dwoo ,4.Ed co c Ex—co cc äö30a-oF— Z U) r-x.l (DC—a- 0 00 o o O O

Can anyone suggest possible causes / solutions to either of these issues?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Identify report format

There is a need to use Computer Vision/OCR with report images. For that to work well it would be great if the API could make a guess/determination on the layout of the report. Today OCR returns boundingBox information which is helpful but if the API would identify field names from data values as well as header vs. detail fields that would be amazing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. recognize a barcode or shipping label tracking code for any shipping vendor, and provide a link to the most likely vendor

Every shipping company and manufacturer chooses a different barcode that supports their needs, but they are not interchangeable, which is by design for automation, but we need to read all the barcodes and categorize them because we cant train our users to figure out which one to scan.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Font Size & Weight

For each word found, note the size of the font as a percentage relative to the largest font found within the image. Or some other similar means. This would allow users to find headings, sub-headings, etc...

The font weight (boldness and contrast) of each word would also help to identify headings and important text relative less important text within the image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. School Students Handwriting not able to Recoginze .

Hi, I am from Bangalore. I tried few students answer sheet using Computer Vision API. Most of the Answer sheet handwriting not able to recognise by API. Can you improve the algorithm or let us know how to train the data. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support PDF input in OCR function

As stated in the title, I'd like to see the OCR function support PDF files. The only supported formats right now are images like JPG, PNG, etc.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base