Microsoft

Computer Vision API

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return rectangle for smart cropped thumbnail

Since the quality of the returned thumbnails is far from anything useful for most use cases, it would be amazing to get just the rectangle the API would have used. This would be tremendously useful to roll our own resizing/cropping clients, with our preferred quality settings and file formats.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set image compression as a parameter for "Get thumbnail"

The thumbnail API is excellent, but ships back a highly compressed image.

It would be great if compression was a variable I could set. As it stands, it compresses the images too much to be usable for what I'm doing with it.

Imagine you have a 1024x1024 image and you want a 1024x400 crop.

Imagine the image is mostly blue sky with a plane flying somewhere in the image.

The API is pretty good at cropping out all the blue sky and finding the plane. So despite the primary target being thumbnails, acting as an intelligent crop tool works pretty…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Generate proportional thumbnails

It may be nice to have a feature whereby the generated thumbnail retained the proportionality of the original. In this mode the width and height parameters would be interpreted as not-to-exceed values.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quality setting on smart thumbnail generation

I would like to be able to control the quality of jpg output from the "generate a thumbnail" API

I want to use the generated thumbnails on mobile with the smart crop option as it prevents crops which just centre a image and often chop the subjects in the photos head off but the returned quality of the jpg is by far much lower than would I would like to use within a app (which has a high DPI)

I guess a 0-100 quality setting which jpgs often provide would be great

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base