Microsoft

Computer Vision API

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

How can we improve Computer Vision API?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase file size limit from 4MB

Could we have the API File size limit increased? currently we work with a lot of imagery with high resolution images that average ~8MB.

Can the Size limit be increased

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase width/height limits on OCR operation to handle Letter/A4

The Image dimension limitation is a problem.

A4 is 210 x 297 mm. At 300 dpi that’s 2480 x 3508 Pixels and 8.7 megapixels. In grayscale as a JPEG of text the page is around 1-1.5MB.

Letter is Image 8.5 x 11 in. At 300 dpi that’s 2550 x 3300 Pixels and 8.42 megapixels. As a grayscale JPEG the size is slightly smaller than A4 (obviously).

The image dimension limit is a bit…silly? Unless there is some overarching technical reason you should increase the maximum dimensions to 3510 x 3510 – so scanned 300 DPI grayscale A4 pages can be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase rate limit for standard tier

I have a concern using the Standard tier in a production environment.

My users can select and upload multiple images and I'd like to make 3 calls per image (1 analyzer, 2 thumbnails), naturally preferring to make those API calls concurrently.

Doing so, even with a single user uploading 4 images, when done concurrently, I'm over the 10/sec rate limit and this doesn't even begin to factor in multiple users trying to upload at the same time.

With rate limits so low I'm either going to have to make a bunch of Vision API accounts and do some kind of…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base