Microsoft

Computer Vision API

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Train the vision api for Automatic Number License Plate Plate Recognition (ANPR)

Current API Vision don't do well with license plantes. This capability will enable lots of scenarios, for example: Customer segmentation in highways, customized parking Customer Experience, etc

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Vision API offers good text-detection with OCR, but it is not currently optimized for license plates.
    We are constantly trying to improve our services and have added OCR for auto license plate recognition to our list of feature requests.

Thanks

2. Add the ability to get localized language support for image description with Vision API

In order to allow a broader use of the service, it would be great to have the ability to specify the language in which we want to get the image description via Vision API.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Raymond responded

We are researching options to bring this capability to Computer Vision.

3. Support PDF input in OCR function

As stated in the title, I'd like to see the OCR function support PDF files. The only supported formats right now are images like JPG, PNG, etc.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Computer Vision API to be used locally without a internet connection

I'd like to be able to use Computer Vision in the event my app doesn't have a internet connection. A on-premise or on-client solution.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  On-Premises Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Returns location of objects on the image (people, tree, car's, etc.)

Computer Vision API returns recognized objects locations on the image, what is the pixel location/rectangle.
    Would be of huge use!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Object Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Detect 2D-Barcodes in Imges

Add a Feature to detect 2d-barcodes in images.
    Like QR-Codes, Aztec-Codes
    Maybe a kind of Tag to request

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Object Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a way to run the computer vision api on our own server

Looking for a way to run an instance of the computer vision API on our own servers

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  On-Premises Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve OCR to detect 7-segment display

The OCR does not detect 7-segment LCD displays that many devices have. It would be a game changer if it worked with this as there are many practical use cases.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. RecognizeText(Printed) is not recognizing the pound symbol (£)

I have many cases of pictures of texts where one can find a pound sign (£) but the sign is NEVER correctly recognized by Azure Cognitive Services RecognizeText API, as far as I tested. Other symbols, like the dollar sign ($) for example, are identified without problems.

I made tests with print screens of texts containing £, since these should be easy for the OCR tool to convert, and again the pound sign is not correctly identified (it becomes an f, a 2, a 1, a $ etc).

I am suspecting that the pound sign is not included in the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extract table data from image with table structure

The main purpose of this idea is to take the table structure out of the image when the user selects a part of the image.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quality setting on smart thumbnail generation

I would like to be able to control the quality of jpg output from the "generate a thumbnail" API

I want to use the generated thumbnails on mobile with the smart crop option as it prevents crops which just centre a image and often chop the subjects in the photos head off but the returned quality of the jpg is by far much lower than would I would like to use within a app (which has a high DPI)

I guess a 0-100 quality setting which jpgs often provide would be great

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add OCR confidence to v1.0/ocr API

Other OCR platforms provide OCR confidence sometimes per character and sometimes per word.

The confidence meaning how likely the result is to match the input image, for very poorly scanned documents where noise is a problem this can cause the current API to return incorrect text frequently with no programmatic way to detect if the result should be trusted or sent to a user for verification.

Having this as an optional query parameter on the API would be helpful, perhaps confidencePerWord=true and confidencePerCharacter=true

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase file size limit from 4MB

Could we have the API File size limit increased? currently we work with a lot of imagery with high resolution images that average ~8MB.

Can the Size limit be increased

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Service Limits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is it possible to recognize bar code inside an image ?

Recognize text and bar codes as well !!!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide OCR for Machine Readable Zone

Right Now, OCR can't detect MRZ on documents like photo Id or passport. Get this information is a 'must' for many applications that need to verify legal documents

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include OfficeLens technology

On the Computer Vision APIs – could you think about adding the technology from OfficeLens as API. So an uploaded photo of a whiteboard or receipt, printed page could be processed and then returned cleaned up, rotated correctly, etc.

https://blogs.office.com/2015/04/02/office-lens-comes-to-iphone-and-android/

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Single Character recognition

All I'm trying to recognize is single letters. Such as S, M, L, XL and so forth. Why is Microsoft's OCR unable to recognize these characters?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set image compression as a parameter for "Get thumbnail"

The thumbnail API is excellent, but ships back a highly compressed image.

It would be great if compression was a variable I could set. As it stands, it compresses the images too much to be usable for what I'm doing with it.

Imagine you have a 1024x1024 image and you want a 1024x400 crop.

Imagine the image is mostly blue sky with a plane flying somewhere in the image.

The API is pretty good at cropping out all the blue sky and finding the plane. So despite the primary target being thumbnails, acting as an intelligent crop tool works pretty…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Return rectangle for smart cropped thumbnail

Since the quality of the returned thumbnails is far from anything useful for most use cases, it would be amazing to get just the rectangle the API would have used. This would be tremendously useful to roll our own resizing/cropping clients, with our preferred quality settings and file formats.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Thumbnail Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base