Microsoft

Computer Vision API

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

How can we improve Computer Vision API?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tif's

Will Azure Machine Learning Service support Tif image formats in the future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API do find duplicates in Images

Function to search in whole Blob with Images to recognize duplicated images.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Image Compare

Feature like to compare the image with master image (Good Image) and tell a difference between two images.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compare two images and return confidence and heatmap of difference areas

You have two images like tax forms. Compare the two images. Return a confidence they are the same. Return a set of cords for the image where the primary differences occur. PDF as well as jpg and bmp support would be nice.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Categories, tags, captions are inconsistent

My application is trying to determine images with people in them. I thought I would just be able to look for a certain tag or category but these do not seem to be consistent, even within the one result.

For example, I have a result with the caption "a close up of a person". It has a category of "people_", score: 0.75 and category of "outdoor_", score: 0.003. So far so good. However, it only has 1 tag of "outdoor", confidence: 0.99. There is no person/people tag (at the high level - there are description tags but without any score…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add support for tires/wheels/rims

I went online and got a bunch of random pictures of cars and piles of tires, etc.

Each time I did a search, I get 0 tags relating to tires, wheels, rims, etc.

Google Cloud Vision does detect these items though, with the following tags:
    tire
    alloy wheel
    automotive tire
    rim

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Offer relative position in 3D-space between two or more images

If I take two photos of a subject, I would love to be able to know where the second photo was taken in real space relative to the first. In the example of handheld smartphone photography, if the first image is a baseline then I would love to know the xyz offset of the second image. Even if I believe that I'm holding a smartphone in the same position without moving it, it's likely moving at least an inch in multiple dimensions just due to hand shake. However, I might also take a side profile and it would be just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offer subject pose dection

While head tilt angle is useful for face detection, it would be incredible to see you support standard 25 (body, no fingers) and 65 (body w/fingers) bone placement for full-body images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Offer subject foreground/background segmentation

Being able to reliably pull out complex bounding areas would be a game changer, ideally if the classifier had an understanding of human proportion and dimension. eg. if someone is wearing a white shirt against a white background, or even if they have white buttons, you shouldn't carve a hole through the person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Vision fails to return tag for specific image

I encountered a strange issue using vision when trying to retrieve tags. This post works as expected:
    POST https://westcentralus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/vision/v1.0/analyze?visualFeatures=Categories,Tags&details=Celebrities&language=en HTTP/1.1
    Content-Type: application/json
    Host: westcentralus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com
    Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key: ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

{"url":"https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-portrait-of-a-man-holding-a-cute-mixed-breed-dog-isolated-over-white-99972185.jpg"}

but this image does not return any tags: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/man-holding-unique-dog-2045365.jpg

There is no error returned. Any ideas what is going on?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need more metadata about image

Need more metadata about images so we can find duplicate or similar images using that metadata.

it will help to take image processing application to new heights

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recognize if object on picture is displayed completely or partially

Would be great if I could see if object is completely displayed on picture or partially.
    Say, I upload a picture of car.
    I get correct tags, correct description (car parked on a parking lot, car parked on street, car parked outside, etc) but I want to know if picture shows full, complete car or just a part of it (like say, driver's door or rear side of car).

My explanation is specific to car but I think it will be useful for many other objects like building, person, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a way to access uploaded images.

I want to see the images being uploaded by my users for OCR processing. Maybe add an option to store them in blob storage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Specify more precisely what I am looking for in an image.

I want to detect any evidence of a person. Neither gender, nor face recognition is important. I get some of this in description tags, but often get false positives when the image contains no persons. For example, in the attached image "man" shows up as a description tag. It seems like if I specified "person" in the request, the algorithm might give fewer false positives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Computer Vision image analyzer on portraits

The Image analyzer does not provide enough information to distinguish real photo portraits from black and white drawn portraits or even painted portraits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include OfficeLens technology

On the Computer Vision APIs – could you think about adding the technology from OfficeLens as API. So an uploaded photo of a whiteboard or receipt, printed page could be processed and then returned cleaned up, rotated correctly, etc.

https://blogs.office.com/2015/04/02/office-lens-comes-to-iphone-and-android/

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Vision or sound api's for monitoring and publishing ocean wave engeries and spectrums at popular city beaches or world pro surfing venues.

Vision and/or sound api's for monitoring and publishing ocean wave energies and spectrums at popular city beaches or world pro surfing venues. Could be used in conjunction with NOAA oceanographic services and raspery pi weather stations to provide realtime 'current' conditions at major city beaches or ocean facing ports. Vision api's might be able to provide local government services with usage statistics of ocean resources such as the number of people entering or leaving the water, the number of people on a beach or attending a surf carnival.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fraud detection: finding out if the photo has been photoshopped

I'm working on a case to detect if a picture has been tampered with, mainly in the field of car Insurance, but could be applied to different fields. Are there any pointers on this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base