Microsoft

Computer Vision

Welcome to the Computer Vision API Forum

Categories

API – Any ideas or feedback pertaining to features or enhancements to Computer Vision API.

Documentation – Any ideas or suggestions for the API Reference or Documentation.

Language Support – Submit a request to have a particular language supported.

Samples & SDK Request – Let us know if you would like to see a Code sample or SDK provided.

Custom/Sample Images – Have an image you’ve tested and not getting the results you are seeking? Upload the image and describe the information or tags you would like to be included.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OCR processing of numerical text should not be impaired when detected language is Turkish

When testing with Turkish text that also includes numerical strings, I have isolated the following anomaly:

Consider two versions of an otherwise identical image (for informative purposes, the image is a graphic depicting the total number of deaths in Turkey from COVID-19, on a particular date):

Turkish version:
    TÜRKİYE’DE ÖLÜMLER 1.368

English version:
    DEATHS IN TURKEY 1.368

When the image is OCR-processed with the text in English (i.e. with the words: “DEATHS IN TURKEY”), the numeric string is returned correctly as “1.368”.

However, when the image is OCR-processed with the text in Turkish (i.e. with the words: “TÜRKİYE’DE ÖLÜMLER”), the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hindi (Devanagri) Language Support

This API has limited language support. Please do include more languages support as well. Or please share the idea of creating our own custom language train models and use them as our source language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow specifying face detection model for Analyze image

Face API allows has 2 different face detection model.
    The main difference (at least for us) is that detection_01 provides face attributes, while detection_02 does not, but it detects small, side-view and blurry faces.

We would be keen to use AnalyzeImage with detection_02 - we don't need face attributes but need to find as many faces as possible along with other objects and image description.

It's possible to do it now by making separate calls to AnalyzeImage and Face.DetectFaces, but it's not very good cost wise.

Would it be possible to extend AnalyzeImage API to allow setting face detection model?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OCR return wrong text with very low confidence score

OCR misread letter "l" to "i" and return 0.355 as confidence score. Is this a bug?

The email part OCR service return as "Email: vi@bimco.org" with confidence score 0.355 while the rest is correct parsing with confidence score always higher than 0.9. I used the same file with different OCR providers and only your service return wrong value.

I tested the service with different pdf file and sometimes, it parse wrong "f" and "r" as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ensure that all pages are returned, even ones that Computer Vision is unable to extract text from.

If a document consists of pages that contain font of a 'good' size and then some documents (think Terms and Conditions) that contains a lot of small text that can't be interpreted by Computer Vision then it gets excluded from the response.

The page numbers are returned - so this is useful. But in the case where a 'complicated' page is the last page, this would not be returned, so the number of pages you believe you have would be one less than the number of pages you actually have. Including (at the very least) a JSON segment with:
    {…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delivery truck analysis

Able to detect delivery trucks. I tried with amazon prime delivery, but got no brand returned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ensure the OCR File Size

The German guide says image size for the OCR has to be between 50 x 50 and 4200 x 4200 pixels, with no additional info to file sizes (JPG in my case). However, files larger 3000 x 3000 are rejected in my case. Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is it recommendable to perform any pre-processing on images or PDF before using the Read API? OCR

I suppose noise-reduction and binarization is already done on your side right? Or do I have to pre-process documents and images before feeding them into the API?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Icelandic - Is there anything I can do to customize or translate in my project so I can use OCR with Icelandic?

Icelandic - Is there anything I can do to customize or translate in my project so I can use OCR with Icelandic?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. READ API should be able to handle alpha numeric pattern postal codes

Besides Leaving Comments under review for almost forever, it would be good to get some feedback from this forum.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom/Sample Images  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spanish and French language support

Read API supports only English and Spanish is in Preview. Any ideas when Spanish will be fully supported and when some other languages like French or German will be supported as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Image Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. want only traffics to billing endpoints to be via the proxy

One of our customers wants to force only traffics to billing endpoints to send via the proxy.
    I beleave that it is not possible to using HTTPPROXY and NOPROXY settings. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Samples & SDK Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not Detecting Space Between Middle Initial and Last Name

We have printed documents with a person's name that includes their middle initial (without a period i.e. JOHN A DOE). Azure OCR usually detects a space between the first name and middle initial but not the middle initial and last name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Signature Recognition

How does one recognize handwritten signature within a PDF or word document ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve single-character recognition

Single characters are having a very tough time being recognized, even in the most optimal conditions for OCR (shown in the attached PDF). Also attached is a text view of how the content gets OCR-ed.

I saw that this is a recognized problem in a few ideas from a couple of years ago, but I was wondering if any progress was made in fixing this known problem.

Functionally, this provides issues with OCR-ing tables that have a "Quantity" or any other amount less than 10.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Custom/Sample Images  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It is found that the subscriptionKey is placed in the request header during API use, which is unsafe

After looking at the documentation, you'll notice that a lot of API requests put subscriptionKey in the request header. That way, you can grab the request and get the user's key. This allows illegal use of the service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. api使用中发现subscriptionKey放到请求头中,不安全

After looking at the documentation, you'll notice that a lot of API requests put subscriptionKey in the request header. That way, you can grab the request and get the user's key. This allows illegal use of the service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base