Microsoft

General Feedback

Thanks for using Cognitive Services! Which APIs are your favorite? How can we improve Cognitive Services?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline cognitive containers

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/cognitive-services-container-support

This article mentions "The Cognitive Services containers are required to submit metering information for billing purposes. The only exception, is Offline containers as they follow a different billing methodology." What exactly is the Offline containers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UserVoice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customer suggests to have the per-device way of change of LUIS. As customer has around 3000 chat robot, each robot will talk a lot everyday.

Customer suggests to have the per-device way of change of LUIS. As customer has around 3000 chat robot, each robot will talk a lot everyday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Pashto to Cognitive Services!

This idea was submitted in Bing Translator with about 24,000 votes now, as the top and most requested. https://microsofttranslator.uservoice.com/forums/421776-how-do-i-get-my-language-supported/suggestions/14808924-pashto-afghanistan The inclusion of Pashto is significantly important for all international organizations working in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Translating text in Microsoft translator removes //

I am trying to translate a code file and I see the below issues with Microsoft translator

Translating below text // 行番号削除正常終 Gives output Line number deletion successful end where it removes the //(double slash)

Translating below text System.out.println("【○】COBOL Gives output System.out.println_○○ COBOL

Where the special characters are removed and replaced with some other.

I am reading my file using CP932 encoding and writing using UTF-8.

Please let me know if there are any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

I have tried Google translate and it works well on the same encoding.

Stackoverflow link : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57462276/translating-text-in-microsoft-translator-removes?noredirect=1#comment101605090_57462276

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UserVoice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Some cognitive service 'kind's only deploy if location="global"

Services such as TextTranslate give an error "InvalidApiSetId - The account type 'TextTranslate' is either invalid or unavailable in given region." if the location is not set to "global".

This is not mentioned in the documentation anywhere that I could find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. QnA Maker formatting

Our customers are finding difficult to deal with the special characters that QnA Maker shows to format the text in the answers (backslash+N, # for headers, links between [ ] and ( ), etc… ).
    Are there any plans to show and allow basic formatting?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the font color of this web page

The light color of blue used for text on this page is very difficult to read except in the very largest font sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better handling of spoken numbers

Currently the handling of spoken numbers in Speech to text is making it very annoying for my use-case.

I am using LUIS to identify the following entities:

{Group} {Flight} {Plane}

Where Flight and Plane are individual single digit numbers. For example (Using the text representation of numbers when spoken to avoid confusion)

"Enfield one two" spoken gets rendered to text and passed into LUIS as "Enfield 12" which round-tripping back to the text-to-speech is synthesized as "Enfield twelve". the lack of space between each digit also makes it impossible to assign them to individual entities (even using lists and regex…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure Speaker Recognition tied to MSA

I am looking at the speaker recognition API for the hackathon. I work on Cortana currently and was wondering if this would be something we could utilise. Our login is for AAD and MSA, so although we would be able to uniquely identify a user usign this API I am unsure if we would be able to use it to log into the app. As a further feature this would be cool to have as a method of logging in using Windows Hello too to improve accessibilty. Are there any current/future plans or ways of doing MSA or AAD auth…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Thai to the languages included. I would like to add the cognitive services to my site kruumui.com,

I am hoping to include more technology solutions to my learning site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a more secure authentication option than API keys

I'm building a prototype app with Cognitive services called from a web browser (this is the most appropriate option for my use case for speech-to-text with continuous recognition), but I won't be able to use this solution in production because anyone can steal our API key. The API key can then be used by anyone to call the services for free (and have it paid by us, potentially generating millions of dollars of billing if done with a malicious intent).

This is not acceptable and there should be a more secure authentication option. For example, something similar to SAS tokens…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Keys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Visio online API

More code examples on how to properly call functions/properties ... can not remove "Give Feedback" from a screen only whole Status Panel ... after code was placed on the page, the screen loads and then it refreshes ... some times it takes 10 sec and more, with the execution results, can not use it on an enterprise applications because of that ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. can we show post date for each idea / comments here?

it would be great to be able to sort the posts here by dates here!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

The functionality for sorting suggestions is dependent on UserVoice.

I’ve added a category for feedback about the functionality of UserVoice if you have any further feedback.

Thanks,
    Luke

14. Intelligent Kiosk app package

I have Visual Studio on an Azure VM, and can't run the Intelligent Kiosk on it to access my local camera, for example. Can you include an app package for Win10 to install and run without having to compile and deploy?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sample Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Finding the api key is a nightmare

I followed all the steps and there is no api key or url. I setup accounts on ibm, google, and AWS and with azure I have spent hours and still am no where.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Keys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feedback posted on Cognitive services has been deleted.

All the feedback that I posted on Cognitive Services has been deleted.

When I click on My feedback it states No ideas found. See screenshot in attachment.

What is going on? Did someone hack into my account, and delete all of my feedback?

My Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop specs: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit OS is up-to-date. Both software & drivers are up-to-date with a clean install as much as possible. Intel i5-8250U CPU 1.60GHz. Intel UHD Graphics 620.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  Luke Bayler responded

Hello,

I’m not sure what happened to your feedback, because we very seldom delete any suggestions unless they are obviously spam.

I suggest that you create a new account and make sure to verify the email address.

Thanks,
    Luke

17. Guid support

Can we add support for Guids and/or arbitrary regex as a built in type?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Error creating AppIDs and accessing qnamaker/luis sites

My customer has AAD locked down so that only Global Admins can create users--and they don't have the check box for allowing auto-creation of AppIDs checked. That is blocking their app developers from creating Web App Bots, which Auto-create AppIDs/Keys, and also blocking them from creating qnamaker.ai/luis.ai apps on those sites.
    Can we either a) allow developers to provide a pre-existing AppId on the Web App Bot or b) make the controls more granular in AAD so that a subscription admin or subscription owner can auto-create AppIDs? Or can we do both?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Web Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Hungarian languange

Please add Hungarian

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Language Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base