Microsoft

General Feedback

Thanks for using Cognitive Services! Which APIs are your favorite? How can we improve Cognitive Services?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a more secure authentication option than API keys

I'm building a prototype app with Cognitive services called from a web browser (this is the most appropriate option for my use case for speech-to-text with continuous recognition), but I won't be able to use this solution in production because anyone can steal our API key. The API key can then be used by anyone to call the services for free (and have it paid by us, potentially generating millions of dollars of billing if done with a malicious intent).

This is not acceptable and there should be a more secure authentication option. For example, something similar to SAS tokens…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Keys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Finding the api key is a nightmare

I followed all the steps and there is no api key or url. I setup accounts on ibm, google, and AWS and with azure I have spent hours and still am no where.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Keys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base